Playset Vs. Toybox

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Re: Playset Vs. Toybox

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:31 am

They are both amazing and equally as important aspects to the game, but if I had to pick one it would be the toy box.

Team Toy Box for me !!

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Nova » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:34 am

I gotta say Playset.

The entire reason I got into DI was because I played the Spider-man open world games on PS2 and love those games, and stuff like Lego Marvel and Lego Batman 2. Seeing Avengers and Spider-man... open world New York... I gotta play that.

Toybox can't make a city the size of the playset New York.

rank_50
Nova

Postby crocko33 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:37 am

For 1.0, I lean towards the Playsets...toy box kept me coming back regularly, but I would have been very happy to have had more playsets. For 2.0 I am willing to wait to judge....very intrigued about just how fun the Toy Box could be in 2.0

rank_100
crocko33
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfiniBox » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:38 am

I'm definitely Team Toy Box. The playsets are an entertaining, but it's the Toy Box that keeps me coming back for more. It adds near "infinite" replay-ability. You also get to play with more characters as well as with other people online.
My new DI 2.0 Toy Box Build YouTube Channel:
http://goo.gl/BTxu1b

rank_250
InfiniBox
PSN ID:

Postby Bushywhale » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:06 am

Playsets. Nothing the community makes is even close. Altough alot is fun and awesome. But playsets are the bread and butter for me.

rank_100
Bushywhale
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby energonkid » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:53 am

In 1.0 I was all for Toy Box! Partially because of Ralph and Jack Skellington were only there, but my sister had fun too, because of Princesses of course. I was never that much of a builder, and I love Marvel, so:

Team Toy Box? maybe, I don't know.... I never finished a Playset okay...
You teach me and I'll teach you, POKÉMON! Gotta Catch 'Em All!

rank_100
energonkid
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Hopeless » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:21 am

I'm not as creative as some, its a discovery made after a few months trying out the toybox and playing the playsets it didn't help that my original reason for buying this was so I had some way of relating to my nephew and niece since I'm otherwise an introvert.

Ended up buying him his own copy and plan on buying the 2.0 toybox for him and his sister to enjoy whilst I hope the 2.0 marvel helps me find my creative edge...

With 1.0 I wish there were more instruction scenarios, but with 2.0 I can't help wondering if the playset will outweigh the toybox since even if they have two of the playsets set in the same location I bought Lego Marvel Superheroes and that's BIG I don't see the toybox this time overcoming that edge unless like 1.0 you can increase the landmass and even then I'm not as keen on the power discs this time, far too many are limited by being specifically character linked they may otherwise give some bonus for use but unless you have that character would you really want to find that in a blind bag when its not a character you already have?

Bought the 4 Stitch movies which I plan on passing to my nephew and niece and yes I checked they worked first! :oops: :roll: ;)

So it just leaves whether I give him that for his birthday or Christmas... he's a Lego Batman fan you see so must tread carefully!

So I have to say I'm hoping the playset beats the toybox this time because if not I plan on trying to build that setting in the toybox to correct that oversight! :D

Huh I wonder... if those interiors work like they suggest what's stopping them being used to connect a number of toyboxes to expand the adventure like they did with Lego Marvel?

Now that would be an interesting test to see them advertise on Disney Infinity TV!

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby hoodoo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:44 am

I think I am going to join team Playset. The structured play is nice. Plus, I am a sucker for unlocking stuff. All the capsules need me to find them.... at least that is what the voices tell me to do.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby braiko » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:59 am

I'm hoping I will switch camps when 2.0 comes out, but for 1.0 it has to be playsets. When you're not building many of your own toyboxes, wandering around in user toyboxes without goals only holds your interest for so long. Heres to structured gameplay in toybox 2.0!

When you can recreate the Pirates playset in the toybox, then I'll change my mind!
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions