Disney Infinity Account Display Name

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity Account Display Name

Postby StormbringerGT » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:22 pm

I've had mine in since launch and they only approved it a few days ago. However I would imagine that this will speed up. Launch probably drained them and they were scrambling to put out a patch and future patches. :D

rank_100
StormbringerGT
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:25 pm

^ I would pray the same people responsible for writing a patch to fix severe gameplay problems are not also tasked with ensuring no one has an obscene display name... that to me is an utter absurd and inefficient use of resources.
A dictionary and common sense is all that's required for moderation, followed up by a second check/opinion from a manager, however to fix game issues requires a lot more skill set wise, hence the tasks should be delegated to different teams.
Only extreme cheapness would call for such a scenario. If you had to reuse existing staff, the team responsible for quality checking and beta testing the product could do this function, if they existed, or weren't let go after two weeks work (I'm not saying that's what Avalanche did/do, but I know for a fact some Developers do and I don't agree with it, produces a shockingly faulty and unfit product for the consumer/gamer and irritates me when they put all that work into the game originally that it is then spoiled by what should be basic/obvious stuff, I can't stand glitched achievements/trophies for example).

UPDATE: I had to log out and back in, but I now have my display name, yay! Although... it's all in CAPS, when I entered it with a specific case... *grumble*.

Scratch that, when I go to manage my profile, it does show it with the correct case... I guess the website just uppercase the display name string variable from the Disney account to fit in with everything else which is all caps on that site.

PS. At the risk of going slightly off topic on my topic, but does Lone Ranger or Tonto not show up for anyone else? I've not played with mine yet (been using the Incredibles and Monsters).
Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Pyx » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Name has yet to be approved, LR and Tonto display just like yours, the placeholders are relatively recent additions tho, they and a few others were missing completely at launch. If you click on "where they should be" you can see there level and stats tho, so just the image is missing.

rank_100
Pyx
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Today, two weeks after making the account the day I got DI, my display name has finally been approved.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Turbo-tastic » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Yeah those two show up the same on my account too.

And my username is still numbers. lol
Turbo - Game jumping at its finest

King Candy/Turbo and Rex for Infinity!

rank_250
Turbo-tastic

Postby emmanu888 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:03 pm

@Turbo-Tastic Try logging out before logging in again, that's what i did and my name appeared ! I'm on PS3 guys, screen name GUCFan (Which means Growing Up Creepie fan)
emmanu888
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby TheFlyingDonkey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:20 pm

^^ Thanks for the re-login tip! My display name has been approved! :D Was concerned that TheFlyingDonkey would be frowned on.

rank_100
TheFlyingDonkey

Postby Turbo-tastic » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:35 pm

^Tried it and its still numbers. Oh well... maybe it will change eventually... lol. Thanks anyhow.
Turbo - Game jumping at its finest

King Candy/Turbo and Rex for Infinity!

rank_250
Turbo-tastic

Postby Kelleytoons » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Yeah mine is now my name here (which is the name of my animation company).

Of course, my XBox account is some ridiculous name, though (I did add a Kelleytoons to it, but I'm not sure how or even if I can change the first one).

rank_250
Kelleytoons

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys