Disney Infinity 2.0 Spider Man play set

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Disney Infinity 2.0 Spider Man play set

Postby Sheriff Woody » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:18 am

The Spider-Man Play Set will feature a storyline which follows the Green Goblin as he tries to destroy S.H.I.E.L.D. once and for all. After capturing Venom to extract and clone symbiotes from him, he hires Mysterio to be his second in command and wreak havoc on the Marvel universe. Players will fight the spreading symbiotes and face Mysterio and Green Goblin in in the sewers, labs and skies above Manhattan.

Key highlights for the Spider-Man Play Set include:

Play Set: Playable characters include Spider-Man, Nick Fury, Iron Fist, Nova and Venom with additional appearances by White Tiger, Black Cat and Luke Cage. Players will be tasked to destroy the cloned symbiotes and advance to fight Mysterio.

Toy Box: Spider-Man, Nick Fury, Iron Fist, Nova and Venom will be playable in the all-new Toy Box 2.0 mode of the game, along with all characters previously released for Disney Infinity. Players will be able to use these characters, plus hundreds of Marvel and Disney-themed items, locations, props and vehicles, to create new adventures in customized worlds. Once players complete the Spider-Man Play Set, the S.H.I.E.L.D. Hover Car, S.H.I.E.L.D. Sky Cycle, Daily Bugle Building and more will be unlocked and can be used in Toy Box.

Image Image
Image Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Spider Man play set

Postby megadrive2 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:38 am

That venom and Spider-man figure look amazing, not really familiar with the other characters though, will have to dig out my DK Marvel Encyclopedia and brush up!

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Gorki247 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:49 am

These all look good, but wasn't expecting anything else. Really want to see the Guardians now.

It looks like the base for all Marvel characters will have the same theme.

rank_100
Gorki247
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby kane4115 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:50 am

^^ IDK look at Venom's
Crash I've been like a father to you, i created you, nursed you, Umm tried to destroy you!- Dr Cortex, Crash Twinsanity

rank_50
kane4115
Main Console: PS3

Postby Charlee » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:53 am

Nice definitely getting this playset. Seeing as we can use nova in avengers playset it gives extra value.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby bwattsup » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:55 am

Spidey looks fantastic! Great pose. Thanks for all of the amazing shares Sheriff. Keep 'em coming!
To INFINITY...and you know the rest!

rank_100_ftb
bwattsup
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Gorki247 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:02 am

@Kane4115 Yeah, Venom's base did throw me off a bit, but it could just be that is darker in the image than in reality. Look at the Nick Fury base in the other thread; that one also looks darker.

Then again, maybe Venom's base is affected by his symbiotic nature; so still concrete like the others but it turned black because of it.

@Charlee Nova as a cross-over character makes sense in a way. I can see him being playable in a Guardians of the Galaxy play set as well.

On another note, DBC (Daily Bugle) building confirmed to be part of Marvel Manhattan. Really hoping that this Manhattan ends up very similar to the one in the Lego Marvel game; I loved all the iconic buildings in that and I hope they include them here as well even though they may not have any characters from that series (yet); e.g Baxter Building for the Fantastic Four, or the X-Men Mansion.

rank_100
Gorki247
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby kane4115 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:14 am

@Gorki247 That would add a lot better gameplay with characters who can play in other playsets! :D :D
Crash I've been like a father to you, i created you, nursed you, Umm tried to destroy you!- Dr Cortex, Crash Twinsanity

rank_50
kane4115
Main Console: PS3

Postby ShakaDaSky » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 am

the xmansion is set outside of manhattan, so they may not be in the avengers ny

i'm also wondering if Black Cat will make an appearance
I sense a disturbance in the Force ... false alarm, just the Big Mac I ate

rank_100
ShakaDaSky
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID: