Infinite Mickey, Disney Infinity Toy Box Artist

Disney Infinity Fans exclusive interviews

Infinite Mickey, Disney Infinity Toy Box Artist

Postby PirateSteven » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:52 am

A mix of creativity and magic wand skills has already provided 3 featured Toy Box challenge entries.

On behalf of all of the interested Disney Infinity Fans we asked Infinite Mickey some questions.

What is your real name?

Jacob Beier (USA)

What is the origin story of your Toy Box submission username?

When I realized I needed a Disney Account to download Toy Boxes, I searched high and low for a good name. Greenlegos was already taken, so I didn't know what to choose. So I mixed up my most anticipated Disney Infinity character, Sorcerer Mickey, with a variation of Infinity that made sense...thus I became Infinite Mickey.

What made you decide to buy Disney Infinity?

I found out about Disney Infinity when the Lone Ranger play set was announced. The moment I saw the announcement, I immediately asked my mom to take me to Walmart to pre order it. I love Disney and the fact that it was mixed with the formula of Skylanders, I literally just thought SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

What is your favorite play set and why?

My favorite play set is the Toy Story in Space play set. I think that playing as those famous Toy Story characters is awesome. Unlike all the other play sets, the only missions I felt were rehashes were the Save My Friend ones. The story was well thought out for a kids game. Bullseye controlled like a dream. The voices sounded so much like the originals. The hidden stuff was so hidden that I actually had to ask Disney Interactive about it. It was AMAZING!

Who is your favorite Disney Infinity character and why?

My favorite character is Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey. Not only is he really well designed, but he has some of the best attacks in the game. Plus he is just plain awesome!

Which character would you like to see included that hasn't already been and why?

I would like to see Dipper Pines from Gravity Falls be a new figure. I think he would have amazing unlocks, a very creative move set, and he would be perfect in the art style.

When you hear of a new challenge, what steps do you take to make your idea for a Toy Box a reality?

I first create a mental image in my head. I then build some things in the toy box to see if the toy box will work or not. Next I start actually building the toy box. Finally, I test and submit it.

How long did each of your featured Toy Boxes take to build?

Castle Course: 12 hours
Saving Mr. Rex: 24 hours
Disney Games: this was just redonculous! 35 HOURS!

What do you consider to be your specialty when building Toy Boxes?

I have a wide variety of different adventures. Castle Course is a platformer. Saving Mr. Rex is an adventure. Disney Games is a Party Game.

What is your favorite Toy Box that you have built?

Saving Mr. Rex...Toy Story is the franchise that changed my life, and what better way to represent that then to create an epic featured toy box! So I started building, and I found out how the replayer works. Soon after, I couldn't stop using it. I also wanted this toy box to have hidden tributes, and it has two. You can find Hamm, and you could also find a hidden Mickey in a tree trove.

Image Image
Image Image

Please tell us about the design and gameplay of the 1st place Toy Box in the Winter Games Challenge, Disney Games.

I love sledding, snowball fights, and the Winter Olympic Games. So, when I heard of this challenge, I wanted to create something to really represent the feeling of the Olympics. I got right to work. I first created the Sled Race and the central hub. I then put in Hockey and Curling. Next, I put in a snowball fight arena, but I forgot to put in a victory tracker unfortunately. Finally, I put in a Snowboard cross. Something was missing. I wanted to do a Biathlon. So I did. That's what I love about the Toy Box, it's really easy to just dream it and do it!

Image Image

What is your favorite Toy Box that someone else has built?

Save the Parade by MightyGitis...It showed me what one can do in the toy box. It also demonstrated an extensive use of the replayer creativitoy and what the marching orders could do. Plus, it was just awesome!

Honorable Mention: Finn-Warrior's 10 Though Trials. This was the one that made me want to make featured toy boxes. It still is to this date, awesome!

What are some of your classic Toy Boxes that have not been a featured top 5 Toy Box?

My Stunt Stadium for the Extreme Sports Challenge was basically a precursor to my Winter Sports Challenge toy box, Disney Games. It featured a Fan Challenge, a Small Stunt Park, a Soccer and Basketball game, a Rail Challenge, and a Stunt Race.

Tangled Race for the Tangled Challenge was basically the exact same thing as the Winner of the same name, except not as freakishly detailed.

What is your dream Toy Box challenge?

A Tron toy box challenge

Share a story of adversity from when you were building one of your Toy Boxes that you had to overcome.

I was about to submit Disney Games, but I had to go to the bathroom. I came back, and I decided to go through everything one more time. I was in the paint block section. I pressed Y. All of my blocks changed to army colors. I threw my controller on the ground, may have said an expletive or two, and walked away. I didn't come back until Wednesday, and finished up.

Share a funny story from when you were building one of your Toy Boxes.

When building Saving Mr. Rex, I couldn't find Rex anywhere. I looked and looked, and I finally found him on top of a single block that was where I was placing a replayer. I knew which replayer that was, as it was the one going wackerdoodle.

Do you have any advice for aspiring Toy Box Artists with multiple submissions, but their toy boxes have not been lucky enough to be selected.

Like Johnny V. always, if you can dream it, you can do it! Learn every use of every toy, test the toys out, and overall, have fun and don't give up if you aren't selected.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Infinite Mickey, Disney Infinity Toy Box Artist

Postby tangled&tron » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:42 am

This was such an awesome read... your sense of optimism and fun towards the toy box is quite refreshing. 8-) And also... totally different from my approach... I am more of a cynical/jaded/emo type of toy box artist... in fact I think I am more of a toy box diva. :lol:

Also your bathroom story was amusing, but not in the "haha" funny sense... but more in the "OMG this has happened to me a 100 times too" sense. There is nothing that quite describes the horror of watching your entire map change to army stars before your very eyes just because you hit the wrong button. Especially when autosave chooses to save right after you hit the button so there is nothing you can do but watch. It is also why I never go to the bathroom when I start building my toy box (not really ,lol).

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:18 am

Great read, made me want to build something right away :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:51 pm

Nice interview Infinite! Takes serious dedication to build a toy box for 35 hours!!
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:53 pm

It also takes weekends with nothing else to do. :D
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Finn-Warrior » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:01 am

Great interview, as always! It's nice to see someone taking inspiration on my works, even when it's one of my least favourite submissions. But hey, it's something.
~ 13 featured toy boxes so far!

rank_250_ftb_10
Finn-Warrior
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby bloxxerman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:28 pm

I love futurama too infinite Mickey! :-D
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby warlord raven » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Amazing how much trouble and frustration Disney could save us by simply including an "undo" option.
Check out my Light Cycle Battle and my Cube Challenge featured toy boxes!

rank_0_ftb
warlord raven
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby itstimechicken » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 pm

You and I have a lot more in common then we think! I can relate to like 70% of this interview
Featured Toy Boxes: Extreme Racing, Most Wanted, Mulan's Race

rank_250_ftb
itstimechicken
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity interviews