Disney Infinity 2 q3 2014 for next gen but no Wii ?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Disney Infinity 2 q3 2014 for next gen but no Wii ?

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:45 pm

a recent job listing detailed below strongly indicates that Disney Infinity 2 will be available in quarter 3 of 2014 with releases on Xbox 360, XbOne, PS4, PS3, WiiU. noticeably absent is any mention of the Wii.

due to the low hardware spec, lack of online connectivity and the amount of functionality that needed to be cut just to make the initial launch of Disney Infinity available to Wii owners this will be no surprise to most.

Job Posting Title Game Tester (Temporary)
Job Description Avalanche Software (Salt Lake City, UT) is a video game development studio focusing on the creation of video games based on Disney and Pixar properties. We are looking for temporary game testers to join our team! Applicants need to be available 8-6pm (with possible overtime). Position is estimated to last 4-5 months.
Responsibilities • Play and analyze video game to document bugs
• Generate test plans and test cases- not as much generating of test plans
• Weekly/Daily reporting on product bugs
• Coordinate and participate in test execution
• Develop quality assurance programs to meet established quality assurance standards
Basic Qualifications • Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop preventative solutions
• Ability to work with cross-functional and cross-departmental employees and managers to seamlessly meet common goals
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Familiarity with Xbox 360, XbOne, PS4, PS3, WiiU a plus
Preferred Qualifications • Comprehensive understanding of the software QA engineering process
• 1-3 years of QA Tester experience at a video game studio or a technology company
Job Posting Industries Gaming
Additional Information This position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive Media Group.

Avalanche Software (Salt Lake City, UT) is a video game development studio focusing on the creation of games based on Disney intellectual properties in addition to the creation of new properties. In early 2009, Fall Line and Avalanche merged to become one studio. The new organization combines the best practices and experience of the two studios. They work together to continue to expand their strong relationship with Pixar, and strive towards creating the highest quality games to include feature film titles, as well as original IP.

Disney Interactive Media Group (DIMG), the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social network platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. DIMG's mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms.

Disney Interactive Media Group operates five global product groups: Disney Interactive Studios produces console and handheld video games for the Nintendo Wii™, Nintendo DS™, PlayStation®Portable, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment systems, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and the personal computer; Disney Online produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Family.com; Disney Online Studios develops online virtual worlds, providing connected game-play experiences for children around the globe; Disney Mobile brings the best of Disney content to the mobile web, smart phone applications, and mobile games; in addition, DIMG manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank; and Playdom produces best-in-class content for the rapidly growing platform of casual games on emerging platforms and social networks such as Facebook and MySpace.

All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
Primary Location-City Salt Lake City
Primary Location-State UT
Primary Location-Country US
Auto req ID 163473BR

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Disney Infinity 2 q3 2014 for next gen but no Wii ?

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Yes!! Disney Infinity 2 Here we come! Great find Sheriff!
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:54 pm

Great news, best complete my DI1 collection then start saving for later in the year! Is it possible another developer has been given the wii / handheld version duty
(like heavy iron studio worked on the wii u version of DI 1). If could get a descent version of DI 2 on the 3ds they would probably get good sales, the first one was a real rush job. Not bothered either way loooovvve my Wii U.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:54 pm

Nice find B-)
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby FL Disney Fan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:03 am

Great news! I'm also happy the figures will be compatible as well :) Otherwise I have to play Infinity one on 360 and two on One, which isn't a big deal as I do that with other games. But its better that I won't have to ;)

rank_0
FL Disney Fan
XBL ID:

Postby TRIPLE M » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:23 am

i hope they have a muppets playset and a few figures from the line…riding around the electric mayhem bus is torture

rank_0
TRIPLE M
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby PirateSteven » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:07 am

No 3DS either.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:45 am

Q3... so that means late September at the latest... which probably means no new stuff for DI1.

And I wonder how the next gen people will be able to unlock all the toy box stuff from the first 6 DI playsets if they can't even play through them. Unless playset toy box toys don't carry over... which would really suck IMO.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby Modeltrainman » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:44 am

*openly cries* That'd totally be my chance if I was out of college, could drive, and had QA experience... *sniffs* I'm sad now.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys