Frozen Freefall - is there any point continuing?

Frozen Freefall - is there any point continuing?

Postby buckmana » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:23 pm

I've been playing Frozen Freefall and am trying to get past level 18.

However, so far, I've not achieved that feat. :(
The best score I got without using powerups is 26000, I was 4000 short of the target score when the timer ran out!

So far, I've needed to use a powerup pack to get past each level since level 15.

If you want an idea of how much further I have to go:
http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple4/v4/11/af/fb/11affbff-0db9-be20-3980-3baeb1086cbf/screen1024x1024.jpeg

I don't feel like spending 3 dollars every 1-2 levels just because they've made it so you need to purchase powerups to win.

So, should I give up now or does it get better later?

By the way, what is actually stymying me is the timer, if I was given time to think and plan what to do, I would most likely have a higher chance of success.

Also, having to wait 2 hours everytime I lose all my lives doesn't help either.

This really is a poorly designed game!

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Re: Frozen Freefall - is there any point continuing?

Postby Paradox » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:44 pm

^^ @ the quote "This really is a poorly designed game"

The intent in designing these types of 'free' games is to get people frustrated and spend money on more power ups, shortening wait times etc. Seems they did their job pretty well actually in the frustrating people department, lol.

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby buckmana » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:36 pm

The way I see it, what's the challenge in playing a game where the only way to progress is to hit a button to clear the screen for you?

Because that's what I was forced to do each time!

It's a shame, because I was having fun up until the timer kicked in and my skill wasn't a factor anymore.

I posted a review to that effect, I wonder if they'll have the courage to approve it?

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby Woody7850 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Well, it's the same type of challenging gameplay until the end, and all that really changes is the characters' looks.

So if that's what you want to look forward to, continue. If not...

also I'm on lvl 21
Reach for the Sky! -Woody

rank_250
Woody7850
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby ntnon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:24 am

I'm on level 24, and have only used the powerups when the game told me to... it can get frustrating, it can get difficult, but it's certainly possible to progress without spending money. It just might require a LOT of patience and practice.

Which, to me, is the mark of a good game.

I am not terribly happy about the slow life regeneration, but I understand the reasoning and can accept it.

rank_500
ntnon

Postby buckmana » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:58 am

I practiced a lot, but as far as I can tell, it's just dependent on random luck.

As in, getting the right alignment of shapes to beat the level in the time required.

Which could be hundreds of random alignments.

And then waiting 2 hours to try again when you use up your lives on the first 5 attempts.......

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby Agent C » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:54 am

This game does require patience. I am on level 45 without power ups being bought. I really think once you have been stuck at a spot for a while, the game for lack of a better term tosses you a bone.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby McDuck » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 am

The game is designed to encourage you to spend $$$ on powerups. Yes, it is possible to progress without buying lives or powerups, but it requires one to wait time after time for more lives in hope that finally you'll get a better board that allows you to clear whatever level you're stuck on. It gets much more difficult to progress starting in the upper 20s. Of course, every now and then you get an easy task mixed in so as to make it seem fair.

It's not a good game, but it could have been if it had been designed like a regular game instead of F2P. I got to somewehere in the 30s without buying any lives or powerups and then quit due to boredom. Very disappointed that Disney didn't set a specific price and provide a fair game.
McDuck
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby buckmana » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:35 pm

I gave it a good try.

I'm at level 19, the target score is 35000.

The best I've been able to do is 27000.
And that was a fluke, I just got a really lucky alignment for a high score.

I'm beginning to think this game is pointless once the timer mechanic gets introduced.

I quite enjoy logic puzzles, but the timer makes it about speed, not intelligence.
Without the timer, I could take my time, examine all the alignments for maximum score.

But because I have to do it fast, I make mistakes by moving the wrong tile into position, costing me points.

Ironically, I was enjoying the game up until they added the timer, then it just became an endless train of failure and annoyance.

They really missed the point with this app, the point with games like this is to play them for a diversion.

I think it's time to give up now.
No matter how hard I try, I just can't beat it.
And I know from bitter experience, when a game gets to that point, it's time to stop.

rank_1000
buckmana

Next

Return to Disney games