Crystal Buzz only available in Race to Space pack

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Crystal Buzz only available in Race to Space pack

Postby tophrman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:38 pm

TRU ad scan on FatWallet

http://www.fatwallet.com/black-friday/a ... =73#adScan

Also shows dates for exclusive discs
11/3 - Scrooge McDuck
11/10 - Captain Hook's Ship
11/17 - Tron Skydome

rank_0
tophrman
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Re: Crystal Buzz only available in Race to Space pack

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Interesting
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby LeiaOrgana » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Lame.

Very lame.

They should have put two unreleased Crystal figures in there. So if you have been collecting all the way along, you have to spend $30 when most of us already have 1/2 of the contents of that package.

So far they have not pulled that kind of trick. They must have way over-produced McQueen. I don't like the precedent this sets, at all.

rank_250
LeiaOrgana
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby jeremygary » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Lame, indeed. I have no intention of spending $31 to get a duplicate of a figure that is already a duplicate of the regular edition. Three of the same figure? No way, Di$ney.

rank_0
jeremygary
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby Shingotink » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:47 am

I agree with the last two posts, lame indeed.

This is the type of practise that Disney should definitely have some control over. Why the world are early adopters being punished (by having to buy a Crystal Lighting again) if they want to get a Crystal Buzz?

rank_100
Shingotink
Main Console: Xbox 360
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby LeiaOrgana » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:15 am

@shingotink Not to mention the Zurg disc which many of us already have. Or to collectors who are collecting a whole set to keep them in package (most people who do that value uniformity). Or just people that want Buzz (one of the characters that a Crystal version actually makes sense for).

I'm not ready to say the sky is falling, but I do not like the precedent this sets. It's not hard to have spent $300-400 on DI so far, and penalizing your best customers so far is not what they want to start doing. Particularly with the paint issue going on - this week, I saw my TRU had a huge shipment of Crystal Sully. And given he has so little paint on him anyway, it was crazy - I looked at about 20 of them (they are literally bursting off the shelves - they have been there a few days and I don't think they have sold one), his mouth and eye paint is pretty terrible. I was going to pick up an extra, but I couldn't find an acceptable one after I went through 10, and I wasn't going to pull every single one off the shelf. I couldn't find a mouth that wasn't so mispainted it looked like fangs - for a minute I thought he was supposed to look like that, for Halloween, LOL. And the one or two that had ok mouths had off-painted eyes.

With quality seemingly going down, not only does having to buy two figures in a pack increase the risk/chances of finding two that are painted well, and the fact that many of us already have half the contents of the pack, and that assuredly many of their sales of these "exclusive" versions are keeping them packaged to collect, it just seems like a wibbley move, IMO. I guess the only thing I am greatful of is that they haven't said the CHROME disc is exclusive to this pack...yet. Personally, that would be catastrophic for me - I have been putting together sets of the exclusive power discs with all the regular Series 1 discs in the exclusive books for a few of my friends that are buying DI for their kids for Xmas, and unfortunately they won't be getting complete sets from Uncle Leia if in order to get one disc I have to buy a $30 pack that is redundant to begin with.

rank_250
LeiaOrgana
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:37 am

Agreed he should have been sold separately. If McQueen had a dinoco paint job I'd be ok with this.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby Shingotink » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:06 am

I'm hoping this is just a timed exclusive thing for the Crystal Buzz and would be completely OK with him being released later (but before Crystal Mickey) as well as a separate release for the C.H.R.O.M.E. disc.

Hopefully we will get some real info when they officially announce a few days before release.

rank_100
Shingotink
Main Console: Xbox 360
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby eggwolio » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Something about this ad feels off to me. Don't they usually label things as exclusive with a backwards "R" instead of the word "our"?

Maybe the ad is Canadian or something? I think we should give it a few more days as we approach November before we freak out. Buzz still very well may be available standalone. We won't know until they officially release something.

rank_50
eggwolio

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys