Disney Infinity and the Disney MagicBand

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Disney Infinity and the Disney MagicBand

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:24 pm

the Disney MagicBand: used at Disney parks and resorts, these are all-in-one devices that incorporate room key cards, park tickets, and credit card information into a bracelet that guests wear throughout their stay.

Image Image

if you don't have your own Disney MagicBand: find out how our forum members are helping each other Dragon Gate Unlock Help Requests Topic

exclusive Disney Infinity Toy Box items can be unlocked using a Disney MagicBand, the steps to unlock the items are shown below ...

1: start a Disney Infinity Toy Box session
2: place a Disney Infinity figure on the 1st player spot of the Infinity base
3: place a Disney Magic Band on the 2nd player spot of the Infinity base

at this point a message will display indicating that the Dragon Gate is now available in the Toy Box. after this point the Disney MagicBand serves no other purpose and can be removed from the Infinity base

at random times over the next 30 to 40 minutes, 3 different green capsules will appear. open each capsule to unlock the items. during this recorded Toy Box session the green capsules appeared after 4 minutes, 18 minutes and 32 minutes.

4: open the green capsule containing the Dragon's Keep prebuilt Toy Box
5: open the green capsule containing the Dragon's Flight sky
6: open the green capsule containing the Dragon's Domain textures

after all 3 capsules have been opened, quit the Toy Box session and all items will have been saved and will be available for future use at any time without the need to use the Disney MagicBand

EDIT: here is a look inside the MagicBand :ugeek:

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Disney Infinity and the Disney MagicBand

Postby Randall Boggs » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:40 pm

Yeah. These exclusive items are awesome. Thanks to PirateSteven, I already unlocked it. It works in multiplayer, when the other person has it, and you don't. I was surprised.
SSB Mewtwo Launch Party!
Click the globe icon to join!

rank_1500
Randall Boggs
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jbmindtrick » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Just to clarify, I got this straight from tech@disneyinfinity.com. Oh by the way, they rock....

It appears that you've run into some confusion regarding the unlock process for the Dragon's Keep, Dragon's Flight, and Dragon's Domain items, and I'd be happy to further elaborate the process for you! To unlock these other items, please follow the steps listed below:

- Launch Infinity on your console and load up an empty Toy Box
- Open your Build Menu
- Scroll through your items until you find the 'Dragon's Gate' item
- Place the 'Dragon's Gate' within you Toy Box
- Collect the three green capsules which gradually appear on the 'Dragon's Gate' item

The capsules you find will unlock the 'Dragon's Keep' Toy Box, the 'Dragon's Flight' Sky theme, and the 'Dragon's Domain' texture theme. I hope this helps to clarify the matter and get these awesome items into your inventory in the very near future! Should you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to email us here again whenever you may need to.

Jamie
Infinity Tech
jbmindtrick
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:37 pm

^ hmmm, there's no confusion though because unless the items are unlocked first using the magicband they won't be available in the build menu

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jbmindtrick » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Didn't mean to offend, I just left that part off because I had gotten that far without knowing that you had to start with an empty tox boy and you had to FIND the Dragon's Gate item and "place it in the toy box" before those three green capsules popped up. That was the part that was overlooked and why I emailed them.
jbmindtrick
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:11 pm

nah, you didn't offend i was just confused by the supposed confusion ;)

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Shadowmaster25 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:56 pm

How do you get a magic band?

rank_0
Shadowmaster25

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:24 pm

^ a hint to the answer is in the very first post of this topic ... the Disney MagicBand: used at Disney parks and resorts, these are all-in-one devices that incorporate room key cards, park tickets, and credit card information into a bracelet that guests wear throughout their stay. ;)

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby buckmana » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:34 am

Sounds like with all that data stored on it, you'd really want to make sure nobody steals it and rips the information out! :shock:

Are they really that cheap to make that Disney lets you take them home with you?

I'm also curious as to whether they are reusable or you have to get another when you come back for a second, third or fourth visit.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys