Only One Active Save? Prevent Deleting Files?

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Only One Active Save? Prevent Deleting Files?

Postby bryverine » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:55 pm

My wife an I just bought the Disney Infinity for my 4 year old son who loves the game and playing all the characters. We are/have been doing the Incredibles story and have gotten many of the items after several hours of play.

Three times my son has erased all progress on the story. I'm getting sick of playing the same thing over and over and now will not even bother playing the Incredibles anymore. I think this is a huge oversight not to have multiple save files or a way to prevent a young person (the disney sales target) from pressing "x" twice and deleting hours of progress.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

The way the Infinity menu has new game before load game perplexes me.

The fact that it can be erased in less than a second if I"m not sitting right there for the entire into which he loves to watch is extremely annoying.

BTW, my wife is the one who gives our son the controller and just lets him go, so just hovering and keeping the controller is not something I can do.
bryverine
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Re: Only One Active Save? Prevent Deleting Files?

Postby StormbringerGT » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Explain to him to not start a new save. "Hey don't touch that stove. It will burn you!" "Hey do not start a new game. It will burn you!" :D

Everything you unlocked for your toy box stays unlocked anyway, you are essentially just resetting the story line.

rank_100
StormbringerGT
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby worldtourist » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:24 pm

My son and I have our own PSN sign in's so we can both play our own game when we play and have our own save files.

rank_0
worldtourist
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby StormbringerGT » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:45 pm

I don't think that works for the Wii though. Although the Wii U has separate accounts.

rank_100
StormbringerGT
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Turtles » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:42 pm

I did this myself on the Incredibles playset the other day its far too easy to do but there doesn't seem a fix for it, the only thing you can do is explain to him he needs to not just continuously press the button to start the game but teach him the order in which to start the game without causing a restart, it may take him one or two more tries but if it's annoying him too he will want to know better or he won't want to play the game anymore.

rank_0
Turtles

Postby RedDeerRebel » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:10 am

You could always back up your save to a Memory Stick/SD card when you're done playing.

rank_100
RedDeerRebel
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Figment74 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:23 am

^this. The main Save file for all your infinity games under that profile, can be backed up from the PS3 menu, when the game is not running. Or if you have Playstation Plus, you can back the game up to the cloud that is part of the Playstation Plus service.
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74

Postby Omnidroid 535 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:30 am

This is exactly why there needs to be a "Are you sure?" whenever you press new game. Or at least be able to add more than one save. What's the point of a list if you're going to have only one save anyway?
"SPOOTY"

-Dag

rank_250
Omnidroid 535

Postby Figment74 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:38 am

I agree completely, it's almost like the plan was to accommodate more than one save file, and then at the last min, they scrapped the idea. Seems like a pretty big miss to me.
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74

Next

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions