Collecting Multiple Copies of Power Discs?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Postby longsh0t » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Prior to learning about the ways to find the rares, I bought a TON of packs and so I ended up with a lot of duplicates. I'm now 2 Dumbo's and about 5 "commons" shy of my 3rd complete set and I still have a bunch of commons. The environment discs aren't useful beyond the 1st one but you can stack the mounts in the toybox and obviously stack the circular power discs. So I'm just curious...Is anyone else collecting multiple sets?
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
My Collection
XBL and PSN - kuerv0h

rank_50
longsh0t
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Re: Collecting Multiple Copies of Power Discs?

Postby jdbloom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:49 pm

I'm collecting eventually 2-4 of each ability. They can stack double and 4 allows both me and whoever plays with me to have the abilities doubled at the same time if we wish.

rank_250
jdbloom
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Same as JD.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm not going quite so far as jd. I have two of each round. I think its better to combine two different rounds under a character because it adds a third power up. As opposed to trying to double the same disc. So two each of the round allows two players to have any combo of two different disks they want.

I'm almost to a complete set. I am missing two commons and all the rares.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jpcommons » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:28 pm

I have two sets of all of the discs. I am close to having a third. I plan to save my 10 + rares for trading with people during the second and third wave of discs. I plan to turn the 30 + non rare duplicates into christmas ornaments. As far as Disney branded christmas ornaments go, these would not be too expensive.

rank_0
jpcommons

Postby Tinker Tom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:42 pm

I have 4 of each of the round ones, and I only want one of each of the Hex ones (but I have 2-3 of each now, and will trade or sell those later).

rank_100
Tinker Tom

Postby LeiaOrgana » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:29 pm

I'm doing 5 of each - one for the book/collection, and 4 to play with since they double and that way both players can have the max if something requires it. I can definitely see some use in that, particularly if you need extra defense and then switch them out to get extra firepower if needed for certain parts of a mission (not that anything thus far is really that difficult).

Right now, only the Pieces of 8 gives you a bonus when you use it with other combos, and the Scrooge disc is simply better at it than Pieces of 8, so I'm not worrying about getting more than the two of those that I have. All the other discs are a bit more unique, I like the Pieces of 8 disc and feel bad that once Scrooge is here it becomes rather useless (since it seems that the Scrooge disc gives you access to the same 3rd power as Pieces of 8, while having a double bonus to begin with).

rank_250
LeiaOrgana

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys