Incredibles - Mayor Luau and Stranded Witness

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Incredibles - Mayor Luau and Stranded Witness

Postby ChernabogSH » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:18 pm

After playing the Incredibles for a while, I am currently stuck on how to get the Mayor to that rocky island with the hover board, and how to get the Witness off of that same island. I thought the incredicopter would work, but apparently not. Any help would be appreciated, these vehicle quests seem to be a frustrating spot of the game for me.

rank_0
ChernabogSH
Main Console: PS4

Re: Incredibles - Mayor Luau and Stranded Witness

Postby StormbringerGT » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Don't jump lol.

Thats pretty much it. While on the hoverboard do not jump. Go forward off the pier holding the syick forward and aim for the buoy. You will bump over it and keep going to the next.

If you jump you fall in the water and if you take too long you fall in the water. You have to hit something solid to reset the time you can hover. If you need help I'll make a video.

please check the part about unnecessary quotes, thanks

rank_100
StormbringerGT
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby ChernabogSH » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:26 pm

Thank you :) I finally managed to get those two done.

rank_0
ChernabogSH

Postby Agent 86 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:10 am

I'm having real trouble using the hoverboard to complete these missions.

No matter what I do, the hoverboard never seems to be able to make it to the first floating buoy.

After spending about 30 minutes trying, through random luck, I managed to get Mrs Incredible to the island on the hoverboard (before I unlocked the helicopter), but despite spending another 30 minutes trying, I couldn't get the witness back to the mainland (compounded by the fact that the witness was returned to running freely around the island whenever I fell in the water).

Any tips or assistance would be greatly appreciated. I've tried not "jumping". I've tried "jumping". I've tried getting a "running start" before activating the hoverboard. I can't think of anything else to try. No matter what I do, I'm still at least one to two lengths of the hoverboard short before the buoys when I end up in the water.

rank_0
Agent 86
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:04 am

once you get to the island, pick up the witness and take off on the hoverboard from the highest rock on the right of the island or the rocky edge of the beach just below it ... head straight across the water back to the pier.

er, it may take a few attempts to reach the pier without sinking just before you get there :roll:

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:59 pm

This bit is terrible, who thought it would be a good ideal to include in a game, let alone one intended for a younger audience?!

*grumble*
Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Rod » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Depends......you'd be surprised. I was also getting frustrated at this part and it was one of my 7 year olds who figured it out.

rank_50
Rod
XBL ID:

Postby Agent 86 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:09 am

I've finally completed the hoverboard missions.

What worked for me was a long run-up to build speed/power on the hoverboard before leaving the firm surface of the pier or island. And a good dose of dumb luck as well!

rank_0
Agent 86
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Figment74 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:37 am

As long as you are moving at top speed when you hit the water you can easily make each of the buoys, just do not Jump. As soon as you jump while on the water you are Sunk (pun intended.). I thought that these missions was the most fun, of all the missions, once I realized that Jumping = drowning. :D
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74
Main Console: PS3

Next

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions