Bounty Hunter Challenge (due 3/30)

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Bounty Hunter Challenge (due 3/30)

Postby MightyGitis » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Build a Toy Box with missions only fit for a Bounty Hunter! Don’t forget about the Slave I Power Disc! It’s a perfect vessel for any Bounty Hunter, especially Boba Fett. All Toy Boxes are due by Wednesday, 3/30 at noon PT. Be sure to use #BountyHunterChallenge in the description of your Toy Box to be considered!

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Bounty Hunter Challenge (due 3/30)

Postby TheEAB » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:24 pm

Mine was just published. I think it's my best box yet, so if any of you guys feel like checking it out, go for it.

Boba Fett: Escaping Jakku (Created for #BountyHunterChallenge)
After escaping the deadly Sarlacc pit, legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett fled to Jakku in an effort to lay low after the Empire’s defeat, vowing never to meddle in galactic affairs again. When the First Order comes looking for the deserter, Boba is forced to don his mandalorian armor one last time to push back Kylo Ren’s army and save his life once again.

rank_100
TheEAB
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Just played your Tb EAB, good job! Those shielded Troopers always give me a hard time >_< lol
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:01 am

@JustNCredible played yours on the stream last night and got quite the kick out of it. Some very impressive gameplay logic work.

I broke the map camera slightly during my Wampus battle but despite that it's a well done box. Nice job.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:25 pm

Thanks! I spent an unhealthy amount of time play-testing (almost) everything in the game but I guess I forgot to test the map out during a wampa fight lol.

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby TheEAB » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:26 pm

@JustNCredible: Thanks! What's the name of the toy box you submitted for the challenge?

rank_100
TheEAB
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:52 am

It's called Hunt The Wampus. It's a new take on the classic game Hunt The Wumpus lol.

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:23 pm

@JustNCredible It probably won't happen to most people I'm just such a button masher I mashed a bunch of buttons and the map came up and wouldn't go away. I slayed the Wampus while looking at the map. Hahahaha.

The testing time paid off. Aside from that minor thing it worked great. Randomized every time. The map (which I could not locate in the box you should really watch my stream archive for a laugh as I tried to find it) worked great. Very nicely done.

Can I start gently ribbing you for waiting THIS long to start building when clearly you have great toy box ideas?!?

My ONE note for you would be to nix the visible challenge maker. Make it a step on pressure plate. Or talking to a person. Or anything really. You can trigger the start of a challenge through anything.

Literally the only thing I would say you should do differently in future is to hide that challenge maker for theming purposes.

I'll forgive the ugly button for the tutorial.

The logic in this one was impressive. Even @semerien said he wanted to have a look at it. So GOOD JOB!

Can't wait to see what you come up with next

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:55 pm

Just watched the stream. I watched you play mine, SonicPhoto's and the last one (can't remember his/her name) but both were amazing (the dark knight rising nod was a nice touch lol).

Yea I know what you mean about the challenge maker and the button (in fact I even had EV-9D9 make the comment "push the comically large button behind me"). I also see now that I shouldn't have made Bib's speech text like that, confirmation or proposal will be the way to go in the future, but it's as you said I wanted the "theme" to be cinematic and I thought the text over the heads looked "cleaner" but then there's the obvious problem of it being too fast or too slow, so I guess I won't do that anymore lol.

I know you said you weren't sure if the Wampus message ever disappeared, it just so happened that on both of your first attempts, it spawned in the square north west of the starting location, which was very odd and unlikely.

I'm sure you know how quirky certain logic toys can be, so I was actually very surprised that this box gave me relatively no problems compared to others I make. I think I just got lucky and created and connected everything in the perfect order.

Oh and the "map" was down on the lowest level, to the very far left of the Wampus face lol. Those blocks just don't render until you're close, so you couldn't see them. I connected all the area triggers while they were on top of the blocks (I had to watch Episode I and II of Star wars to get through it all lol) and it was only after I started transferring the area triggers over to the actual playspace that I realized how stupid it was to make it so far away haha. I also realized that it would have been much faster to use replayers and flat blocks for the map, but at the same time using that many replayers scares me, they seem like they can be one of the more quirky logic toys.

Thanks for the advice and compliments, means a lot!

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations