1.0 power disks question

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

1.0 power disks question

Postby Ratbelly » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Is there any benefit of getting power disks for 1.0 if you just started in 3.0? I dont have any 1.0 figures.

rank_0
Ratbelly
XBL ID:

Re: 1.0 power disks question

Postby hoodoo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:23 pm

That is really a personal question. Do you want more vehicles, terrain options, skydomes, weapons, etc...? Then power discs are the way to go. It may be a challenge to start collecting 1.0 discs at this time since they are either after market singles or blind packs, but I defintely like having them when I need them.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby sigil » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Weapons, tools and vehicles/mounts are your preference. Do you want to use them?
Same with terrain and SkyDome disks. Do you want to use them? None of these and be bought in the Toy store and can only be used once the disc are placed.
The round Ability discs enhance your character and some 1.0 discs can combine with other 1.0 discs for a third effect. These are the most useful. 2.0 discs and up don't have this any more. Costume Disc do have an effect on all characters and only cage the one character on the disc. The Spider-man disc increases your spark pick up range for all characters and only changes Spider's costume.

Back to 1.0, there is a topic on this forum about the effects 1.0 discs have.
Where ever you go, there you are.

rank_250
sigil
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby JAMerritt » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:59 pm

The hexagone power disks can change the view and texture (sky, music, lands) of the toybox you are in or give you items depending on the disk. I say yes and have them all, but I like to change things depending on the toybox i'm working in. It it only beneficial to the point that is what you want.

Some of the circle power disks give you power ups. These help a lot but I believe some have the same 'powers' that some of the disks in 2.0 have. My advice, for what it is worth, research what each disk does then get the ones you think will be the most helpful to what you want to do. I still use the Pieces of Eight, Bolt's Super Strength, and C.H.R.O.M.E. Armor Shield all the time.
Feel free to add me on XBox Live Gamertag: jamerritt

rank_0
JAMerritt
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Portal2player56 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:22 pm

you can also buy each powerdisc that meets your requirements online or do the Disney infinity fans's Pay it forward feature. look in the Topic for more info about Pay it forward's Features. i have many 1.0 powerdiscs (Still many i want to complete the set..) and many 2.0 Power discs (Still want to complete the sets of powerdiscs for 2.0 also..)

rank_0
Portal2player56
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help