New to infinity, have some questions

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

New to infinity, have some questions

Postby VampLena » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Hey all, I'm a big Star Wars fan, so I just had to get 3.0. It's looking to be the best Star Wars game in a long time. But I've been curious about some things.

Is version 3 just Star Wars? I have two nephews aged 6 and 4 and one is s big marvel fan while the other loves Disney. I just know they'll want to two player hulk and Donald Duck vs storm troopers and admittedly I love Melificent and would enjoy having her crush rebel scum. Would that be possible?

Also my other question is can you buy characters like dlc like on the pic version? Or do you really have to go find and buy older 1.0 and 2.0 toys just to unlock characters? I'm really dreading that one, it seems like it could get real expensive buying all these toys at over 10$ a pop.

Thanks for any help!

rank_50
VampLena
Main Console: PS4

Re: New to infinity, have some questions

Postby Elmo STM » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:13 pm

Nope it's not just Star Wars. There is 3 Star Wars play sets along with 1 marvel and 1 Disney (inside out). All 1.0 and 2.0 figures will work in the toybox of 3.0 as well. The part about maleficent crushing rebels should be possible in the toybox (depending on what enemies are available).
No dlc on consoles I'm afraid so you would need to hunt down the figures, but they should be plentiful still. You should pick them up fairly cheap (the old ones at least) and there's always sales on new ones too :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:19 pm

My motto for Infinity is NPR: Never Pay Retail!!! You can get great deals on the figures and the playsets if you are patient.

In the play sets, only the characters from the specific franchise can play but anything goes in the toy box.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby VampLena » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:48 pm

Thanks for the reply! I am glad to hear my Nephews will be able to play other stuff. They arent into Star Wars, so i already know they'll be asking if they can play Marvel or something, Star Wars is pretty much for me, though it sucks im going to have to find all these old figures, my wallet isnt not happy about that.

So that leaves me with a question, this base that comes with 3.0, will that work on the Wii U? I have one, and downloaded the Infinity available there, from the sounds of it, they'd probably enjoy the older one since it seems from the last post, 3.0 wont play older playsets, just characters. I just know the boys will be wanting to play Marvel and Toy Story or something playsets. Im really hoping I wont have to end up buying an older Starter kit too just so they have access to the proper playsets for Hulk and the other characters.

rank_50
VampLena

Postby hoodoo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:52 pm

The PS3 and PS4 base is compatible with the Wii U. The base you have will work fine with 3.0. You already have 1.0 for free, which is awesome. Make sure to check 2nd and Charles, Gamestop and the like for cheap used playsets and figures.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby VampLena » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:18 pm

Well, I meant I had a Wii U in addition to the PS4 ;) I'll have a base set once the PS4 3.0 bundle comes out. Sorry for the confusion.

So basically, I dont need to buy a 1.0 starter pack? I can just use the PS4 3.0 base with the Wii U so my nephews can play the older play-sets there?

rank_50
VampLena

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:55 pm

^ correct :)

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BandAid » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:14 am

The current marvel playsets are only on 2.0 though :?

But they're coming out with a Marvel playset in which all Avengers characters will be able to play in for 3.0 (no release date yet)! I also don't know if the Guardians or Spider-Man characters will be playable in the new Marvel playset. Does anyone know any details on that?

rank_50
BandAid

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:48 am

all 2.0 Marvel characters will be playable in the 3.0 Marvel play set

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help