Kyln and Brave Pressure Plates

reference guides detailing the actions, parameters and properties of Disney Infinity creativi-toys
when posting please show examples of how each is used and how they are linked. more than just a description of the toy is needed. ideally show a video.

Kyln and Brave Pressure Plates

Postby jkhouw1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:00 am

Kyle and Brave Pressure Plates

Description Quite possibly the most basic switch in creativi-toys. They are activated by weight pressing them down and are not considered activated until the plate reaches the bottom of its travel. They deactivate upon removal of the weight as soon as the plate begins to travel upwards. They are only interesting because you can use townspeople, Kyln Liftable Blocks and other Non-Player items to trigger them. Also, since they take a second to activate, random walking friends or enemies are less likely to trigger them accidentally than other types of floor switches, and combat will not trigger them the way buttons can be triggered by ranged attacks etc.

Properties None

Inputs None

Outputs
Activated fires an event when the plate reaches the bottom of its travel
Deactivated fires an event as soon as the plate starts upward travel (weight is removed)

Example

you want a pressure plate to open a door

Place an Automatic Door and a pressure plate
Pressure Plate:Activated ==> Automatic Door:open

More interesting things to do:
*perform some action when the timer runs out so player has to stay on the switch for a certain amount of time
Pressure plate:activated ==> timer:start
Pressure Plate:Deactivated ==> timer:pause
Timer:Timer Expired ==> Do something

*Have a townsperson stand on the switch so the player can go off and do something else
Place a small trigger area above the switch
Trigger Area:Entered:AI:Friend ==> Townsperson:Play Looped:Stand Still - Now if the player picks up a townsperson and places them on the switch, the townsperson should stay on it, activating it.

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: Kyln and Brave Pressure Plates

Postby BoxBros » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:42 pm

I just built a Toy Box that was scripted heavily around the use of the Brave Pressure Plate. Worked perfectly on PS4/PS3, but the switch did not even move on the iPad 2. The plate was installed slightly overlapping the Agrabah interior column, so I'm not sure if it was a collision issue on all iPads, a collision issue only on the iPad 2, or an issue with the Brave Pressure Plate in general on all iPads or just the iPad 2.

rank_0
BoxBros
Main Console: PS4

Re: Kyln and Brave Pressure Plates

Postby jkhouw1 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:35 pm

I had a similar problem when I used one on an INterior (Xbox one). I placed it very close to the wall, and it worked when i tested it. But then after saving, when I would reload the level it only worked about 50% of the time. I think when it was re-drawing sometimes it was a pixel off and under the wall as a result. After moving it a little further away to ensure no collision, the problem went away.

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1
Main Console: Xbox One

Return to Disney Infinity Creativi-Toy Guides