retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: best buy preorder date changed?

Postby ThunderCracker » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 pm

^I got the same two emails.

rank_0
ThunderCracker

Postby DrWiley » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Decided to head down to Best Buy with my text saying it was ready for pickup....no go.

rank_0
DrWiley
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby MrNerdDad » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:04 pm

I got in on the free Spiderman playset with my pre-order, the only bad thing is I got an email saying they shipped my playset even though I'm picking up the game in store tomorrow. #facepalm

rank_50
MrNerdDad
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Vortimous » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:30 am

Got my email today saying my xbox 1 version and free character (Nick Fury) is ready to pick up tomorrow... Will be there when they open at 10AM. Still wish I could get some more info on that power disc capsule they had for 49.99 or something... It shows it in the paper, but its not online. For that price, it has to have the discs as well.. unless its a misprint because the empty case is 9.99. We will see tomorrow....
Vortimous

"Winning isn't everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"

rank_100
Vortimous
Main Console: PS3

Postby Mainiac » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:18 pm

Went to Best Buy at 10:00 to pickup my PS4 CE with GotG Play Set and Power Disc Pack. The guy looks in the pickup area and pulls out my GotG Play Set and then pulls out a regular PS4 starter pack with my name on it. I tell him that my order is for the CE and it's a huge box. He states he doesn't believe they got any of those in. He's calls out back and luckily a few minutes later someone comes with one of the CEs. The guy was amazed by the size of it. After loading that stuff in the car I went back and got the Spider-man Play Set, Nick, Iron Fist, Venom, Drax, Groot and Rocket along with the strategy guide (had a 50% off coupon for that). With my GCU membership I got for buying a PS4 the other week along with a 10% movers coupon I got all those for $96+tax.

rank_50
Mainiac
Main Console: PS4

Postby hoodoo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:03 pm

My boss wanted lunch today so "volunteered" to go pick it up. Stopped by Best Buy and picked up my CE copy as well as both playsets and the remaining characters I needed. My CE came with GotG free as well as a free power disc pack. I opened the power disc pack in the car... Infinity Gaunlet and Spiderman texture! Infinity Gauntlet in my first pack... it felt like I won the lottery. Now just to pick the kids up from school and watch them freak out. Can't wait.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:42 am

Picked up my copy (along with Nick Fury) on the way home yesterday. Got a $25 gift card for the hassle from last week.

I will wait until there is a good deal on the playsets before using my card!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby talon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:33 pm

I had the same issue as Mainiac. I stopped to Target first, got the Spider-man Playset with the 2 disc packs. Then my girlfriend said lets walk over to Best Buy, as it's all the same part of the same connected building with one store in the middle. Told her that it was a much bigger box and it be better to drive over than to carry it all the way back. It took at least 15 minutes for the guy to get off the phone to help me than put the Starter Pack in front of me. My girlfriend looked at me funny and said that wasn't that big. Told them that was the starter pack not the CE edition. Took awhile longer to finally have them bring up the correct box and then my girlfriend agreed it was a much bigger box and it was a good thing we drove over.

rank_0
talon
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales