more character figures coming?!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: more character figures coming?!

Postby Vidia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:40 am

Disney are certainly going to be aware that people want Princess Leia after that backlash about the lack of merchandise for her a few months ago.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby Razgriz » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:19 am

I would say Leia is a guarantee for 3.0.
Just can't see it in 2 at all. If they did and you had Leia running around with a blaster or lightsaber and riding on a speeder you will just have people angry other characters aren't in 2.
Han could carry a single Star Wars appearance, but Disney would be crazy to blow a character of that level on a game which is already decently stacked.

rank_100
Razgriz

Postby Hopeless » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:50 am

Need to read this thread properly but what if Disney Infinity 3.0 starts off with Star Wars Rebels?

After all they're focusing on the latest Avengers, Ultimate Spiderman and Guardians cartoon series so wouldn't it make sense that we see the new cartoon series as the introductory playset?

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Vidia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:57 am

The thing about the Ultimate Spider-Man playset is that even though it was based on the cartoon series, it was still mostly well known characters. Spider-Man, Nick Fury and Venom are characters that most people have heard of even if they don't know that exact iteration of them.

I expect that we're going to see three Star Wars playsets. A "Clone Wars" playset that covers the sort of Attack of the Clones - Revenge of the Sith time period, a "Galactic Rebellion" playset based on the original trilogy, and a "whatever the heck is going on in the new movie" playset.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:01 am

I could see something similar to the Marvel 3 sets. One for OT, one for PT, and one for Rebels. Maybe change PT for Clone Wars. Though since none of the Rebels characters have exposure outside the show, I wouldn't count on them being in the Starter pack. I'd put money on a Luke/Leia/___ set, probably R2D2 or C3PO. Then you've got 3 different classes to choose from.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby energonkid » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:18 pm

I like Vidias idea, a LOT. I think that the game will come with Luke, Leia w/ R2, and Chewy. Han Solo, Boba Fett and Vader will be separate.
You teach me and I'll teach you, POKÉMON! Gotta Catch 'Em All!

rank_100
energonkid
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby FlameChampion267 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:24 pm

I have said from the start, the three stars wars playsets will be Original trilogy, New Trilogy, New Rebels thingy. It satisfies Old fans, new fans, and pushes in the new direction Disney is taking Star Wars. I hate to be negative, and I could be incorrect, but anything else Star Wars falls to the back burner, the prequels recieve a lot of "flack" constantly and Disney might not want to draw attention to that, and Clone Wars is lesser known, popular, but not to the same degree as the films. Of course I believe that these franchises would be represented but not everything deserves a playset.

I believe that this Star Wars stuff is getting off topic, and deserves a topic of its own.

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

more character figures coming?!

Postby MightyGitis » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:07 pm

So I just rewatched all the Disney Originals trailers and I have to say I'm excited for what's coming. I'm also kinda excited that we've reached a point where there is stuff to be announced and we have had no leaks on them.

They've been releasing Toy Box Trailers every couple weeks. Will be fun to see what comes in a couple weeks now that Baymax and Hiro are official.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby soccerdude21490 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:16 am

John V. just posted on twitter in response to a question "will there be any other characters released for Disney Infinity?" he states...

"Yes, there are still four characters we have not yet announced."

So there you go... only four more figures to go.

https://twitter.com/JohnVignocchi/statu ... 0417035264
AKA: Jason over at www.InfinityInquirer.com

Chatter
soccerdude21490
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys