Both Unannounced Disney Characters from same Franchise

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Both Unannounced Disney Characters from same Franchise

Postby Rapunzel. » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:59 am

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130806034642/disney/images/0/00/Newdisneyprincessmerida.jpg
I don't get why people are still upset about the "makeovers"....if you can even call it that. They just made them more sparkly to appeal even more to young girls. Same dress, same character, added sparkles...no big deal....I wish people would get over it. :roll: Don't get me wrong...like them better without the sparkles....it's just not a big deal. ;)

Back to the franchise.....Disney Princess is a media franchise owned by The Walt Disney Company. Created by Disney Consumer Products chairman Andy Mooney in the late 1990s, the franchise features a line-up of fictional female heroines who have appeared in various Disney franchises.

The franchise doesn't actually include all noted princesses from any Disney media as its name suggested, but only certain members are commonly used, mainly from animated films. The eleven current (2014) members of the franchise are Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel and Merida. The franchise has released dolls, sing-along videos, apparel, home decor, toys and a variety of other products[3] featuring the Disney Princesses. ;)
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Dopey4Disney » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:02 am

It may come as a surprise to you but Cinderella and Belle are very popular iconic Disney characters to boys and girls! @Ditcka and if Star Wars is the only reason you like Disney Infinity or Disney in general that's kind of sad. Besides starwars is probably going to be the main theme in 3.0!

Don't get me wrong I m a huge fan of Star Wars, marvel etc. But original Disney comes first in my book!

rank_100
Dopey4Disney
Main Console: PS4

Postby The Disney Dork » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:03 am

The redesigns ARE different. Especially Mulan. They put her in a big stupid sparkly dress, something she clearly hated and was uncomfortable wearing in the movie. They pretty much ruin the whole point of Mulan by putting her in that. But Mulan doesn't get changed...only Merida does since she's so popular for being "tough" or whatever...even though she literally does nothing but complain about her life, especially compared to the amazing things Mulan does.

rank_250
The Disney Dork

Postby Rapunzel. » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:03 am

I'm a male....Disney Princesses are my favorite franchise. So yes......boys like the princesses! ;)

Mulan is wearing a traditional kimono.....they just glammed it up for young girls. I see what you're saying.....but the other princesses are basically the same.
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.

Postby Ditcka » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:06 am

@Dopey4Disney I guess I missed the part where I said I only liked Disney Infinity because of Star Wars :roll:

rank_0
Ditcka
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Dopey4Disney » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:09 am

I apologize that didn't come out right. But it's pretty obvious the Star Wars characters are coming! They r just not the final 2 for 2.0! :D

@The Disney Dork I think Mulan, Cinderella, and Pocahontas are tied for the worst redesigns ever! Would it kill them to just go back to movie accurate designs??

rank_100
Dopey4Disney
Main Console: PS4

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:40 am

I'd be very very surprised if they weren't older Disney figures like belle and beast or snow white, Cinderella or something in that era

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Spider-Man » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:54 am

^I don't like the Jasmine either though! I just watched Aladdin tday for the first time actually!

I still don't recall them ever saying that one of the next 2 characters is a princess
"With great power comes great responsibility!" Quoted by Uncle Ben

rank_500
Spider-Man
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby OpossumGuy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:07 am

^When asked about Princesses, JV said there were "more to come," soft-confirming that the female in question is a princess.

Admittedly, he may be hinting at 3.0, but I find this more likely.
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys