Both Unannounced Disney Characters from same Franchise

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Both Unannounced Disney Characters from same Franchise

Postby Razgriz » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:53 pm

^Robb Stark from Game of Thrones is playing Charming in the live action movie,
I think if they planned on movie based characters he will likely warrant one.

rank_100
Razgriz
Main Console: PS4

Postby Katrina Van Tassel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:56 pm

JV just tweeted that he did not say his favorite female Disney character was a princess: https://twitter.com/JohnVignocchi/statu ... 9701430272

rank_0
Katrina Van Tassel

Postby tabaer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:58 pm

@OpossumGuy, I like your reasoning. Another argument against Tiana is that she spent most of the movie as a frog, although Faciler would be an awesome character. Snow White would be a great choice, because it was the first feature length animated film, and The One That Started It All, but it is deserving of at least 4 characters: Snow, Dopey, Grumpy, and the Evil Queen (with costume change disc). I think Belle and Beast would be logical choices.

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Disney ID:

Postby Dopey4Disney » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:07 pm

That's a great analysis @OpossumGuy! Belle and Beast will probably be the final 2! If not, John vignocchi tweeted that he didn't say it was a princess! So that either means it's not going to be a Princess female character or that now he's being vague about it since he's given out so many clues already! These must be really, great characters to have to keep them hidden for a while! :D

rank_100
Dopey4Disney

Postby Vidia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:09 pm

He didn't say that his favourite was a princess. He said at different times that his favourite was female, and that there were more princesses coming. People have just been putting these two pieces together.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby Guinydyl » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Wait, what females are in the toy store/shop, then we can forget about most ppl.
3.0 is awesome!!

rank_250
Guinydyl
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby OpossumGuy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

Hmm...in addition to my above analysis, assuming that John just meant more Princesses are coming in future editions, these I can see as NON-Princess options. The list is far shorter, however.

Quasimodo-Esmeralda
Alice-Mad Hatter
Bernard-Bianca
Milo-Kida
WALL-E-Eve
Felix-Calhoun

And even here, some of these are stretches. I tried to eliminate some of the ones that would outright not work (Simba and Nala, for example). The issue here is that a few of the non-princess examples are kind of obscure. Atlantis: The Lost Empire, for example, would be lucky to get one figure, so the chances of both Milo AND Kida happening are quite slim. Bernard and Bianca may work, but you'd wonder what they could do to differentiate themselves. Plus, The Rescuers isn't as popular of a franchise as it used to be. In addition, if EVE were going to be playable, why make her an important NPC role as the Forest Builder? Assuming they don't pull a Yondu, she seems unlikely at this point.

Felix and Calhoun depend solely on if they want to retroactively give Ralph a playset. Both characters fit the game very well. No huge qualms here.

Quasimodo and Esmeralda are...odd. Popular due to being part of the Renaissance, though arguably their film was among the least popular of those in the Renaissance (a shame, really. It's my favorite. :P ). Both would fit well in Infinity though. And we haven't seen any Hunchback content. Maybe they're hiding it until these two release? Though it'd make more sense for them to be a 2016 release, to coincide with Hunchback's 20th Anniversary.

Alice and the Mad Hatter have much less standing in their way though. Their movie has outright eternal popularity, both are extremely popular (especially at the Parks!), and they have recent movies, as well. I just hope they go with the Animated 1951 versions. These two seem like a good pick.

So combined with the above, I'm almost willing to bet my life that the two figures will be one of:
Belle-Beast
Alice-Mad Hatter
Tiana-Facilier
Snow White-Dopey
Felix-Calhoun
Quasimodo-Esmeralda

With a WALLE - EVE as an outside shot in case they pull a Yondu.

Just what I think. Kinda weird how this news outright disconfirmed a lot of characters (including three of my Top 5: Merlin, Baloo, and Pooh :P)
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Katrina Van Tassel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:29 pm

^ I agree about how strange it is that JV would say no hints then eliminate so many possible characters by saying same franchise. What if they are Honey Lemon and Yokai for a Big Hero 6 playset?

rank_0
Katrina Van Tassel

Postby Romulus77 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Those would be more disappointing than Yondu and Falcon. :lol:

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys