Both Unannounced Disney Characters from same Franchise

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Both Unannounced Disney Characters from same Franchise

Postby TOlofter » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Have we forgotten about.....

Princess Atta & Flick?

They would be awesome! I just hope it's not live action versions of any characters. I am already unhappy we got movie Maleficent over classic. Though JV did say just because we got movie versions, that does not in any way ruin the chances for classic versions.

rank_100
TOlofter
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Stitch » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:40 pm

There is a live action version of Princes Atta and Flick?

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby Doc Jump » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:05 pm

Which characters that are popular guesses here AREN'T in the shop?

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Razgriz » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:06 pm

@TOIofter
I wouldn't count on classics if we get live action versions for a while.
They aren't going to waste a 3.0 spot on another Maleficent for example so it would probably be much later till they do another.

Unless they just do a running change and completely swap live action Maleficent figures for classic after next summer or something.
don't see that happening though.

rank_100
Razgriz

Postby Modeltrainman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:44 pm

I'll eliminate two others: Rex and Zurg.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby JimC » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:19 pm

My guess is that these characters are coming from either Into The Woods, Cinderella or Tomorrowland. Since all are upcoming movies, the last two being next spring, it would make sense for Disney Infinity to hide any images of characters that would be coming from them. A final surprise spring playset would be a nice treat!

rank_0
JimC
Main Console: Wii U

Postby TOlofter » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:29 pm

BUT, if they really were from these upcoming live action movies, how would JV already have a favorite female?

I am sure it will be classic Disney/Pixar characters. They are already doing the movie thing with BH6. With so few Disney Originals as it is, they would be much smarter and safer going the classic route than revealing 2 characters that may be another Lone Ranger....

rank_100
TOlofter
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Razgriz » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:39 pm

^He said it was his favorite to use, not character in general.
The only reason to go through all the trouble of hiding data in game instead of just doing a nice trailer before release is that they aren't allowed to show them yet.

A movie coming out is really the only thing that is big enough to warrant saving the reveal.
The full trailer will probably release and within a few days we will see both characters and a reveal of a playset.

rank_100
Razgriz

Postby OpossumGuy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:44 pm

I still firmly believe we're getting Belle and Beast. Here's my general breakdown of why.

Okay, first, JV said via Twitter that there are "more princesses to come." As I doubt he'd give away anything for a future Infinity, I believe the female in question is a princess. Going off of the official Disney Princesses not yet in Infinity, we have: Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Pocahontas, Mulan, and Tiana.

From here, we then limit our pool based on the fact that the other character is of the same franchise. In my opinion, this would eliminate Cinderella, Mulan, and Pocahontas, as they're essentially the only characters from their movies with much popularity. Characters like Charming, Shang and John Smith don't get any demand, really, are not the most popular characters, and in Charming's case, lack some obvious potential. This would make them quite peculiar additions, and as such, I really can't see them happening. Not saying they're impossible though.

Next, Ariel has an issue. She definitely has other characters that can work (Ursula, Triton, Eric...), but she herself is stuck. If they used her, no doubt they'd use her in her mermaid form, which might be an issue until water features are added. For now, let's count Ariel out.

This leaves Snow White, Aurora, Belle, and Tiana. Next comes a possible issue with Aurora. If they added Maleficent this edition, wouldn't that be an opportune time to reveal Aurora and Phillip? Or give them a playset, as there'd be three characters? Honestly, since Maleficent was shown earlier, I highly doubt the last two are Aurora and Phillip, as nice as they'd be.

That leaves Snow White, Belle, and Tiana. All three work, and have other characters that can work alongside them. Snow White and Dopey, Belle and Beast, and Tiana and either Naveen or Facilier. From here, though, I think Belle and the Beast are the most likely pick. They're still immensely popular to this day. Beauty and the Beast is considered by many to be among the, if not the, top Disney movies. Didn't it win Best Picture, too? Anyway, in addition, they have lots of things in 2.0, from what we've seen. Much more than The Princess and the Frog or Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs anyway. Cogsworth is the INteriors guide, there's some stainglasses, there's some interior decorations...add this with the fact that the Beast's brutish nature lends itself well to Infinity, and that Belle can utilize books, kicks, and her mirror in creative ways, combined with a classic and popular Renaissance-era duo, and I think Belle and Beast are bar none the most likely options at this point.
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys