Who Are Your Favourites?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Who Are Your Favourites?

Postby MangoBurger » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:58 am

Well, with D.I. 2 being released in most places (sorry US :( ) I think it'd be interesting to see what your thoughts are on the figures! Personally to me the quality of the figures seems to have risen, and there aren't any super dodgey paint jobs for any of mine, so that's always a welcome bonus!
That being said, some have disappointed me.
So, who is your favourite figure?
Who is your favourite to play in game?
Who do you think looks the best in game?
For me, I LOVE the look of Thor and Groot. In game, I think Groot has awesome attack animations, and I love the stylised slash that leaves (pun intended!) hanging in the air after he swings. My favourite to play in game would have to be Gamora. I just feel like a total ninja when I use her! But she is also one of the disappointing figures in my opinion. Her face looks a bit strange.

What are your thoughts? For some reason, I predict a lot of people favouring Rocket Raccoon! :D

rank_0
MangoBurger
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Re: Who Are Your Favourites?

Postby Vidia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:10 pm

I only have eight of the figures so far (the starter pack trio, Cap, Fury, Venom, Rocket, and Groot), so I can't talk about the others.

My favourite physical figure is probably Venom. I was worried that he'd be too bulky but he actually looks really good. My least favourite physical figure is probably Black Widow sadly. Did she really need to be sticking her butt out like that? I don't think she did. In general I do think the figures are higher quality this time around though, although the paint job on my Captain America is ghastly.

Black Widow is however my favourite to play as in the game. I spent hours as her in the Avengers playset and it was really weird when I had to swap to someone else. I've also been enjoying Nick Fury (unsurprising as he plays very similarly), and swinging around as Venom is of course fun. My least favourite to play as is probably Iron Man. There's nothing particularly wrong with him; I just haven't gelled with him.

A special shout out has to go to Thor though, as riding around on Sven as him is incredibly fun XP
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby Bushywhale » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Easy: pysichal and in game the Hulk. He is awesome.

rank_100
Bushywhale
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby SuperHazman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Well after spending this weekend with the game my favorites are:
Black Widow, Groot, Nick Fury and Gamora.

My collection still requires Spiderman, Nova, Drax and Rocket. Then all the Disney. Then the 2015 wave, but still really really happy! :)
I'm baack! - Daredevil & Elektra for DI 3.0

rank_250
SuperHazman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby Avenger222 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:44 pm

since i played the game a little bit in july, i can say i really liked-

Venom
Hulk
Nick Fury
Drax
Thor
Rocket
Stitch

I didn't play everyone (star lord, iron man, black widow, spider man, iron fist, groot, gamora, maleficent, merida, and this was before aladdin, hiro, baymax and donald were announced) but the ones i did play as were fun as heck.

rank_100
Avenger222
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PixarToonie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:25 pm

I haven't actually played the game yet, but after watching a lot of gameplay walkthroughs on YouTube, I like every figure equally. This time round, the figures feel unique, when last time with Toy Story, Cars and Monsters characters felt the same. For the Avengers I think I like Black Widow and Thor the best. I like Black Widow because her high kicks make her feel just like she was in the movie. (She's also my fav in the movies with Cap). I like Thor because his figure looks amazing in his pose and he also wields his hammer with confidence which I like. For Spiderman I think it has to be Spiderman. His moves look great, his figure looks amazing and his webslinging is truly fantastic. As for Guardians, I haven't seen much on Drax or Groot yet, but Gamora looks quite cool. For the Disney side, I think all of them are great. I can't actually decide which one I like best.

So I have to say that my favourite is either Spiderman or Black Widow. But every single character is amazing in 2.0.
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
PSN ID:

Postby jose.abalos » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Rocket Raccon, hands down. I mean, it's a RACCOON with two big guns, how can you compete with that?!

I also love Venom for his swinging abilities and strength, followed by Donald, since his animations are just awesome. Although for building I usually go with flyers, so you can have a good bird's eye view of the level. In that sense, I use Baymax and Maleficent a lot when building.
The opinions posted here are my own, and not my employer's.

Mickey
jose.abalos

Postby Vasuri83 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:52 pm

My favorites are Maleficent, Black Widow, Groot, and Thor in that order.
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Disney ID:

Postby Quasimod0 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:10 pm

I can tell that Cap will be my favorite 2.0 character. Since he's probably my favorite fictional character out of all of em. lol

rank_500
Quasimod0
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys