2.0 reviews are in

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: 2.0 reviews are in

Postby Mr. Vasuri83 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:38 pm

@quasimod0, individual characters unlock things like townspeople, INterior portraits, etc. But nothing where you need ALL of the characters.

rank_100_ftb_10
Mr. Vasuri83

Postby CCRunner524 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:41 pm

^ There is one unlock for ALL the characters ... but you need them all lol.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby LittleBabyBlue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:55 pm

@herbhen I'm open to the chance that the figures will win me over. So far I have 2 lvl 10, a few around 4-5 and the rest 1-3. (Missing 3 characters + ps exclusives). I had low expectations for the playset, feeling that Avalanche is turning away from them and headed to a toy box only future.

@ QuasimodO There are some character unlocks, but it's not impressive. A picture of the character to hang in your interior and one of those little mini versions. For someone like me who live in a country where Marvel isn't that big some figures mean little to me. I don't know Nova or Iron Fist. Think the last time I saw a Spiderman comic in my language was in the late 80s.

rank_100
LittleBabyBlue
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby jose.abalos » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:56 pm

The opinions posted here are my own, and not my employer's.

Mickey
jose.abalos
Main Console: PS3

Postby tangled&tron » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:32 pm

^ The Penny Arcade review was interesting since it was purely from the perspective of playing with his family. However... IMO he failed to take into account how much everything costs... IMO he reviewed it as if he had either gotten everything for free or that price was of no consequence... and only focused on if the game was worth his family's time... not if it was worth the price of admission. >_> IMO DI should be primarily reviewed from a value standpoint... not just from a content standpoint.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby Quasimod0 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:51 am

Thanks for the info guys

rank_500
Quasimod0
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dmu_girl-2008 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Things I love about 2.0 (only just started the playsets):
Spiderman playset
-mysterio is epic in the opening game play I would love to play as him
-the puzzler aspect, you have to do some things in a particular order to continue and some bits require certain characters. (Some people may find it simplistic but I really enjoyed it.)
-sheild hover car so even characters without web swing or flight can get around quickly
Guardians of the galaxy playset:
-how it looks with all the ships battling in the background
-timed pieces
Avengers playset:
-The weather effect
-How it looks in general
- How unlike the incredibles I feel like I can explore without being overwhelmed in enemies
All playsets
-Ability to change the difficulty level so if your bored or completely stuck you have options
-challenges
-collectables specific to certain characters and crossover over coins
-The stories all seem better I can't wait for the next cut scenes
-the variety of enemies
Toybox:
-the interiors are amazing I love the fact it includes missions
-the dungeon crawler toybox game is great the main game looks really professional and I love the sidekicks. In the freestyle levels I even saw the lion king skydome
- the opening treasure hunt is beautiful
-introduction to toybox was a major upgrade from before but I do wish there was a tutorial which went through building your own game and how to play with logic and creator toys (with how many there are that could take a life time)
-community content it's so much better I thinks this is the start of proper game levels the castle one reminded me of old 2d platformers I can't wait to see what's next
Game in general
-the feats unlocking concept art
-the improved flight mechanic
-the amazing number of toys
-seems easier to level charcters
OK so I could go on forever about what I love about this game I just hope it does really well so we carry on getting further games also as I said I only just started the playsets so i'm sure the list will be longer the further I play. I hope the people who work on the game see this.

rank_50
dmu_girl-2008
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Charlee » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Am I the only one that felt underwhelmed by the avengers playset.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby D23Ry » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:41 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you are not the only one. I have played all of the playsets and I feel all have been a let down. Very disappointing. Toy box is great though, but is that worth all the $$$$$$$$$$$ spent for this? I'm just not sure anymore. I think the game should be more complete personally. the standard of quality should rise, not fall.

rank_100
D23Ry
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys