2.0 reviews are in

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: 2.0 reviews are in

Postby Rapunzel70 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:07 pm

Well, the Avengers Playset is a bit disappointing. Even shorter than the Incredibles Set and much more repeating missions. But Toybox truly makes up for it. Great to access all the 1.0 toys finally and really start builidng something! Also love the new interior feature, already made some Rapunzel-rooms.

The two extra games via the discs are fun and a very good way to both level up your characters and gather sparks to buy toys.

So, yes, if you put the focus on story-mode the game does let you down. But after all, the core is the creative side and that's really inviting to play now from the start!
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:28 pm

A good review of 2.0 on comicvine

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TOlofter » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:00 pm

Well, so far it looks like Skylanders Trap Team is on the winning side when it comes to reviewers. The majority of reviews are giving it very high praise.
Not that the games are in any way similar aside from the Toys, however.

As obsessed with Disney as I have always been, and I do like both games, Skylanders for me has continued to be very special. Disney Infinity in time I think will grow to be a more fantastic gaming series when they continue to add more uniqueness to characters, game discs like Stitch and Merida, character selection, etc.

rank_100
TOlofter
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby D23Ry » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:14 am

i know they stress toy box, but the focus should be on the playsets if you ask me. toy box are unlockables and building, but the playsets are just as important if not more. 3 playsets this time, crazy

rank_100
D23Ry
PSN ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:10 am

I just finished the Avengers playset and I agree that it was incredibly disappointing.

It took me an hour and a half - and that includes both the Rocket and Nova missions.

I realize there are a few challenges/collection things beyond that - but as far as I can see, all they do is unlock concept art (which to be honest I just roll my eyes at when I "unlock" - it is way overused as a "reward"). With the toys all unlocked I'm just done with it, not going to run around for another couple of hours doing more repetitive stuff just to unlock more concept art.

An hour and a half is crazy especially when you consider probably 1/4 of that was running to get each mission in the first place from Fury, etc. They can call you on the video phone remotely but they can't give you your mission that way and make you run to them each time? Clearly, it was just padding to make it take a bit longer to get through the paltry selection of missions. I think with the Rocket and Nova missions it's a total of 40 missions - but since most only take a couple of minutes to do, that's not a lot of content.

I know the "creative" side of the game is a large part of it's appeal, but that's beside the point really - Apples to Apples, comparing it to the 1.0 Playsets, there is like 1/8 the content. Each original playset took me 8-12 hours to complete and I didn't do a lot of the side challenges.

Coupled with all the glitches I have encountered (unlocked toys being locked again, skill trees being filled and then being empty and having to spend the points again, and having a full system crash at least once a day) - I have to say, I find 2.0 really lacking compared to 1.0. It clearly was a rush job. The most fun I've had so far has been in the Assault on Asgard - which took about the same amount of time to complete as the entire Avengers playset - but even that is repetitive (it just happens to be a fun repetitive). I haven't done the other disc yet, but presuming it's about as long as AoA, the entirety of the "story" content (if you consider the Toy Box Games "story" content) is less than one 1.0 playset - and since there were 3 different playsets included in 1.0's Starter, which easily got me 24 hours of story playtime, and there is barely 6 hours of story content in 2.0's Starter, and that's stretching it - I'm regretting not just waiting for the Nov 4 download version.

I really hope they do better with Star Wars.

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ronniedobbs » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:03 pm

was Yahoo Games review posted yet? They gave it 3/5

Metro UK score - 6/10

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Postby Lassiveran » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Lassiveran

Postby Agent C » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:19 am

We have been playing through 2.0 for a little over a month, now, and I have to say it is just okay. Toy Box is a lot better, but they should have paid more attention to the story mode of the Avengers. They also should have told everyone they were bringing it out a month later with Ironman and Black Widow. I am not at all happy about that, and I will seriously consider buying the game next year at launch. As it stands, I have a base I do not need. I paid an extra $40 for a figure and two power disc games.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:57 am

Sorry, you're mistaken. The breakdown for the $75 Marvel Starter pack is:

2.0 Software - $20 digitally
Avengers Playset with Iron Man and Black Widow - $35
Thor - $14
Toy Box Games - $20 in January

$89 of product if you'd bought it separately. If you'd preordered it, you could have gotten another Marvel figure for free or $103 for $75. That extra base was a freebie. :)

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys