2.0 reviews are in

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: 2.0 reviews are in

Postby tabaer » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:49 pm

I picked up the game after work yesterday and got to play for a couple of hours. Here are my first impressions.
PLAY SETS
I only played the intro to the Avengers play set so I don't have a lot to go on. I enjoyed the opening scene and completing the first mission. A lot of the reviews talk about how monotonous it becomes performing the same tasks over and over, but that was the way 1.0 was. The major difference being in 1.0 there were a wide variety of game play types as each play set property was so distinct. So there will undoubtedly be similarities between the Marvel play sets since they are all basically combat oriented. In 1.0 I never minded the repetitive missions because I was playing as beloved characters inside their world, I expect the same will hold true for me with 1.0.
TOY BOX
After last years opening, I thought they would have their work cut out for them, but the Disney Treasure Hunt is another great introduction to the game. The Introduction to the Toy Box is where I spent most of my time last night, completing tasks and earning toys and sparks. I also ventured into the INterior and completed some of those tasks as well. This is much improved from the introductory toy box from last year. It was fairly easy to earn sparks and buy toys, although there are A LOT of toys to buy. The one thing I didn't like about buying toys was the tree. Some of the toys I wanted I have to wait to get until I buy the toys before it in the tree. THIS IS NOT A BAD FEATURE because it teaches management of resources, my issue with it is that I AM IMPATIENT. So the fault is mine not the game's. I leveled the 9 figures I got up to level 1 and some of them much more, and then took ownership of all my 1.0 figures. I also used all my 1.0 Power Discs and the 8 2.0 discs I got (no dupes) so when I went to the Halls of Heroes and Super Heroes they were all present. I like how they were kept separate and how the Hall of Heroes was an expansion on last years version.
OVERALL
I think DI 2.0 took almost everything that made 1.0 a success and improved on it. While the play sets might not be an improvement, they are certainly not a step backwards, delivering the same (albeit repetitive) play as 1.0 only set in the Marvel universe instead of the various Disney ones. I am excited by the new toys to unlock in the toy box (especially the creativitoys), and look forward to creating my own toy boxes, which will be my next step if I hope to have my Avengers toy box ready by 10-8.

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby Ditcka » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:43 pm

I've been pretty shocked by how slooow the game is now compared to 1.0. I'm still on PS3 and haven't made the jump yet to PS4, so perhaps that is the problem. The Toybox is a lot more frustrating thanks to the endless lag between putting down certain pieces. The graphics don't even seem like that big of a jump from 1.0, so I have no idea where the lag comes from. Other than that the game is great! All the Marvel characters feel so much different from each other which is a nice change from the sameness of all the 1.0 characters. The Guardians Playset is legit probably the best playset of either games. I had no idea you were only limited to one static INterior which is kind of a major bummer, unless there's just something I haven't figured out yet and you can get more.

rank_0
Ditcka
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:52 pm

My INterior is just "your" home. You can create as many other INterior Toy Boxes as you want.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Vasuri83 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Your first INterior is like your own personal house/trophy room and yes you can only have one of those, but you can make more INteriors to play in/make games. If you go into making a new toy box there are a bunch of different ones. Empty, INterior, city, etc.
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby TOlofter » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Well, I never cared much for the playsets to begin with. I can take'em or leave'em.....I found them more tedious than fun for me personally. While I do not have the game yet, I am surprised by some of the negative reviews. Everything I've seen when it comes to Toy Box looks improved. And Toy Box is why, I at least, want this game. With the mini games on Power Discs like Merida & Stitch and fighting through waves of enemies in a Tower Defence style of gameplay, is awesome!!!! This offers an endless amount of replay value. Plus now you can do interiors.

I pre-ordered the Disney Originals Toy Box set today, for PS4. This I feel is a MUCH better deal than what you get with Marvel. For $59.99 you get:

Game
Base
2 Game Discs
Merida
Stitch
Donald(my choice for FREE figure with pre-order)
Figure Cards

So for cheaper, you're pretty much just missing out on a playset. Which probably is not all that great.

rank_100
TOlofter
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby ronniedobbs » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:44 pm

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Postby TOlofter » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:56 pm

OUCH!

This game is getting slammed :(

rank_100
TOlofter
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Mr. Vasuri83 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:37 pm

I agree with the Games Radar review about the value of the playsets. Just about everything else was either false or just made the reviewer look incompetent (problems with the super jump? Really?!)

rank_100_ftb_10
Mr. Vasuri83

Postby jmob22 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:18 pm

So I have almost finished the Spider-Man playset, and it is a work of art and so much fun! It is the FIRST playset out of all of them that I have played that I actually want to play again. None of the 1.0 playsets did that for me. I just played them to collect stuff mostly. Haven't played avengers or guardians yet but the game was worth the buy just to play Spider-Man

rank_100
jmob22
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys