2.0 reviews are in

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: 2.0 reviews are in

Postby ronniedobbs » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:37 pm

I'm thinking of just buying the toys his time, it seems a lot more effort went into the figures than the game.

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Postby mva5580 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:15 pm

please check the part about unnecessary quotes, thanks

That's what I've been thinking but honestly I'm not even sure how many of the figures I'll buy right now. I'm just very disappointed at most of the things I've read in the reviews; I'm not sure there is a more overpriced game on the market than this one from 1) my experience with DI 1.0, and 2) what I've read about 2.0.

To have one ~5 hour, repetitive play set in the box for $75 is pretty bad. They can say all they want that their main focus of the game is in the Toy Box but a game like Little Big Planet at least has a nice, creative single player mode to get you going and it's not like the Toy Box mode in DI (1 or 2) is anywhere even comparable to what you can do in a game like LBP.

It's unfortunate that the creation of a solid, in-depth game is an afterthought here to the $ that's made on the figures, but that's clearly the situation. If I ever do end up playing the game I'll just play it on PC where it's much cheaper as in no way do I see the starter pack and play sets here giving me $100+ in "value" when it comes to actually playing a video game. You can only go so far with the "it's intended for kids" argument. Young kids are plenty, plenty capable of playing more complex video games.

rank_0
mva5580
Main Console: PS3

Postby herbhen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:37 pm

@LittleBabyBlue Don't get me wrong, I think the levelling up and skill tree works ridiculously well for certain characters, then not as much for others, I think the upgrades to 1.0 characters (all be it they lack special moves as such) can make them feel different enough to compel you to play as them in 2.0, or at least it has for me.

The marvel characters thus far again levelling up Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye and Thor makes them ridiculously versatile characters to play as, where as I feel the upgrades to Iron man and Black Widow don't change their core playability as drastically in my opinion. But either way experimenting with the Skill tree for each figure is definitely one of my favourite features added to 2.0 so far, and I didn't get in to it at first, but its certainly won me over!

@dmu_girl-2008 I'm particularly interested in your opinions with the Spider-man play set having supposed Puzzle elements, sounds very interesting, Only played the Avengers play set so far, so you have me intrigued as to if the Spider-man play set plays any different, cause I had it in my mind that they were all going to play the same! ha ha

rank_100
herbhen
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dmu_girl-2008 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:48 pm

@herbhen Well you may not agree which is fine as they are quite simple. I'm currently having incredibles flashbacks in the spiderman playset as I'm having to protect something from enemies for a set time and currently failing. I'm going to try a different character tomorrow. I'm really enjoying web-swinging, flying and wall crawling for collectables.

rank_50
dmu_girl-2008
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:52 am

How much is the Spiderman playset like the Spiderman 2 video game? I have that and you can swing between buildings, mostly just to find people on the street who need help. It sounds like web slinging in this just gets you "collectibles" whatever those are.

Also how many of the characters are the same with different skins? I believe 1.0's best characters were The Incredibles and unfortunately the toy box figures which collected dust on my shelf.

Also I heard the playsets were supposed to be bigger then the 1.0 playsets awhile back since there was less of them. If they're the same length as the 1.0 playsets, which weren't that long, then.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Megara » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:49 am

The toy box is amazing! Much more organized and user friendly, and buying what you want with sparks is a better way of unlocking things.

There are a lot of fun missions and things to do if you don't like creating too!

rank_0
Megara

Postby herbhen » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:35 am

@dmu_girl-2008 not so sure when I'm picking up the Spider-man play set, but we shall see, glad your enjoying it though, but that mission your describing there sounds very similar to some of the ones in Avengers!

@Maserati777 I'm yet to pick up the Spider-man play set so have no idea how good it is or how it is. In terms of Avengers though, whilst I'm sure yes the city is somewhat bigger than the one in Incredible's etc, I would say it does have lots of empty space and a lot of the areas really have nothing in them. However if you liked how each Incredibles character had their own unique special move of sorts, this has been expanded upon in 2.0, of course again I only have all of the Avengers but to illustrate their differences, Hawkeye fires arrows from his bow, Thor can use lightning attacks, Iron man fires his beams, Captain America fires his shield, Hulk gets this crazy running stampede attack and black widow can turn invisible. Whilst some of the moves can feel similar to each other, and some characters can upgrade similar ability's (e.g both Captain America and Hulk can obtain the Super Jump ability/Thor and Iron Man can both Fly) I would say each character plays differently enough to warrant collecting their figures!

rank_100
herbhen
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jmob22 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:39 pm

I've only played the Spider-Man playset so far with me as Spider-Man and my brother as Venom. We had only played ten minutes and we both said it was WAY better than any other playset from 1.0. It's just more fun and exciting! Sure it's not complicated, but it's a kids game. Nothing was complicated about 1.0. My review? I love it. I know it will take me several hours to unlock everything. There is so much!!

rank_100
jmob22
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby Stitch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:56 pm

I also have only played Spiderman so far, and so far, I am loving it!
The toybox is ASTOUNDING, I just have to get used to all the new additions and controls on PS4.
Loving INteriors!

rank_1500
Stitch

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys