2.0 reviews are in

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: 2.0 reviews are in

Postby crocko33 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:04 am

Thanks for the opinion, Vasuri! Can't wait to give your Summit toy box a-go in a few days.

From reading playset reviews, I have my own thoughts on how a player can capitalize on playsets but need to wait until I can actually play through myself before I share...

rank_100
crocko33
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Popularvote » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:02 am

I think what will really hurt 2.0 is just how monotonous the environments are. Two cities, with two more in power discs. And tons of variations on the space theme thanks to GotG. We needed more stuff like Dinosaur World.

rank_250
Popularvote
Main Console: PS3

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:08 am

Will definitely be no shortage of environments with Star Wars. :)

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:12 am

@Maserati777 You don't have to buy a new base, 1.0 bases are compatible with 2.0.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby monochrom » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:32 am

@Vasuri: I've looked at all the shared toyboxes that are available so far. Nothing that even remotely resembles something like a playet.

And of course it never can happen. No voice-acting, no cued music, no cut-scenes, no proper programming of a real game.

I really don't get this argument at all, it's basically saying that programmers are useless, and everybody can do their job. Not so. You need proper programmers, who earn money, to get really amazing games.

rank_50
monochrom
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Nikasaurus » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:46 am

I can't put the game down and I haven't even TOUCHED anything to do with the Toy Box yet. Not the Hall of Heroes, My INterior, anything. I did do the Disney treasure hunt though because I really wanted to see Donald. I love Donald and I think they've nailed him, I can't wait to get his figure, I've got it pre-ordered.

rank_100
Nikasaurus
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Infinity Guru » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:38 am

As I saw Romulus state yesterday in a different post, if you think about the playset packaging, with two figures at $14 each, and the playset costing $35, that means the playset piece is worth $7. $7 for a 5-8 game is actually a really good price! With the disney starter pack being $60, for $15 more, you get an extra figure ($14) and a playset, which if you do the math, would be $1... What we are paying for when we buy the starter is the toy box, and as long as reviews for the toy box are good (which them seem to be) I don't really care how 'bland' the playsets are! That's my opinion on these reviews.
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MangoBurger » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:48 am

^ That's a really compelling argument. My only gripe with the playsets are they lack the charm and playfulness of the D.I. 1.0 playsets. The original ones were so colourful and happy and really kept you going... flying around a (pointlessly) oversized city to me isn't all that fun (I have played the Avengers). By no means do I regret getting the playsets though, the characters alone make it worth it!

rank_0
MangoBurger
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Vasuri83 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:47 pm

@monochrom I think we can agree to disagree. The only thing you have listed that we can't have is voice acting. You can do cut scenes with text and correct camera angles, they may be with townspeople but it can be done. You can cue music with trigger areas. You can build a busy mission giving game like the Avengers if you choose and even have Fury give you the orders. I agree to make it more polished we would need animators to actually animate cut scenes. But realistically we have a lot of the tools we need to create amazing games. And personally, I don't feel that the Avengers playset was a really amazing game.
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys