2.0 reviews are in

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: 2.0 reviews are in

Postby Romulus77 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:47 pm

I think where they disappointed me most is just in enemies. Incredibles was understandable as Omnidroids were about all they had to go with. With Avengers and Spider-man, there are just so many villains available that to mostly have the standard grunt-tank variety of one enemy is a big let down for me.

At the very least, have some of the other types of army builder villains available for Toy Box builds. Hydra, AIM, Chitauri, Dark Elves, Spider-Slayers, random thugs, mafia, etc.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Quasimod0 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Yeah I feel the same way. There were a lot of Toy box only Disney enemies in 1.0. There shouldve been a few toy box marvel enemies too. Oh well. Maybe in the next edition. :)

rank_500
Quasimod0
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:05 pm

I'm really disappointed to hear so many people don't like the game.
I am worried maybe I wasted my money. I hope I am wrong.

I just don't understand, Avalanche,
You dragged us on with the possibility of Disney playsets, and then never talk about them again.
A simple, "No there are no Disney Playsets" would have done just fine.
I am afraid you guys have made a terrible mistake though, and this is what happens when there isn't much Disney in Disney Infinity.
Granted, everyone wanted Marvel last game, but I don't think by Marvel we meant only Marvel playsets and some Disney toybox figures.

All I have heard so far, at least from the majority, is how bad 2.0 is.
Non-stop complaining about the game, and it is really worrying me, because I have spent a lot of money on this game, and hyped it up a lot.
I bought everything at launch (Did not by the CE, because I could buy everything else for the same price of the CE), so do you think I made a bad decision?
Mostly asking the UK people, or anyone in the US that has gotten it early, such as MightyGitis.

rank_1500
Stitch

Re: Is it really that bad?

Postby Romulus77 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Main complaints I've heard are about the playsets. Hasn't really been enough time for people to really put a big dent in the Toy Box with all there is to unlock.

The Toy Box Games seem to be getting favorable reviews.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Stitch » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:24 pm

Yeah, pretty much everything I have heard is about Playsets.
Really disappointing that Avalanche didn't put in much effort for the Playsets this time around.
Hopefully they learn for next year.
Really, I am most looking forward to the Toybox anyways.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby bloxxerman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 pm

Me and Tom spent until about 1am yesterday (today?) playing the Guardians Play Set, and we absolutely love it!

We're about to check out the Toy Box for the first time, and Connor tried it out while I was at work today and he said the Toy Box is wayyyyy better than the first game. He also finished (100%!) the Avengers Playset, so, yeah, it seems like they're a lot shorter. :/

But overall, apart from there being less Playsets, I think it's miles better!
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Quasimod0 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:55 pm

Most of the reviews I've read have been pretty positive! Its not like its being destroyed by the critics.

rank_500
Quasimod0
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:17 pm

It seems to me DI made 2.0 as an extension to 1.0 in terms of content. Like those who have 1.0 are still playing it so here's some add on's.

But of course they made it like a new game as well, meanijng your old game doesn't work on it and you have to buy another base....

From the sounds of it the playsets for 2.0 are short and quickly made, not surprising since the 1.0 playsets were pretty small in themselves, but luckily you had 6 to play with.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Vasuri83 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:30 pm

As I've had time to play 2.0 for a few days I thought I'd voice my opinion. The Avengers playset reminded me of the Incredibles/ Lego Marvel. We completed it in a few hours. I'm not too big on playsets anyway though because I just want the toys. The toy box is amazing. Those saying you can't build a playset in the toy box are looking at 1.0 still. All the game building elements to build an actual game playset are there if you are willing to try and be creative and get to know the tools. I think we are going to see those Disney playsets we want from people in the community that are willing to give it a go. That's my two cents.
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys