2.0 reviews are in

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: 2.0 reviews are in

Postby EibboreanHero » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:35 pm

I wonder if Avalanche purposefully watered the playsets down to keep the focus on the Toy Box and the UGC?

rank_50
EibboreanHero
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Its worth noting that most reviewers only recieved the starter pack as a review copy, so they only tried the one playset. Most reviewers also only had time to play through that one playset.

rank_50
Chris
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Charlee » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:25 pm

I can see where the reviewers are coming from the avenegrs playset is well it feels like it's very short. And it's the same tedious quest over and over again. But it's still enjoyable. My friend says the gaurdians is a lot more enjoyable. I think maybe alavanche should focus on Toybox and let like say ninja theory handle a playset next year. As well as gobo.

Also the crossover coins are too easy to find, there should have been more of them and scattered on roof tops and the lot. It would extend gameplay. I actually hated the item capsule element in 1.0 but it leaves a hole in the playset as you don't go "oh look there is a capsule" and wonder of elsewhere to get that capsule. Etc.

Another thing I think playsets should be sold individually with no figures. I have loads of ones I never use because if that.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:35 pm

I agree about the crossover coins. I saw most of them in just the first bits of gameplay videos.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby The Disney Dork » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:59 am

I'm not too disappointed, the Toy Box is the main draw for me anyway.

rank_250
The Disney Dork
Main Console: Wii U

Postby D23Ry » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:40 pm

I have now played all the playsets, and they are fun, but nothing special. I enjoyed the first ones much MUCH more. I think the reviews are spot on to be honest. GREAT toybox so far but really lack luster playsets :(

Do you think they will ever take the playset more serious? They even stated that the main focus was on the toybox, which I don't understand. If you want a complete game, shouldn't you focus on both aspects of the game?

rank_100
D23Ry
PSN ID:

Postby LittleBabyBlue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Played a little more and the GOG playset is much more fun than Avengers. The main story is short. Can't say I counted, but it felt like 10 missions or so. The coins are easy, the sqaure boxes are more scattered. Haven't gotten all yet, so don't know what that does. If it unlocks more of the boring challenges, then I can leave'em.

The creativity toys looks really promising. Need a plan before I set out to use them.

Last year I got all the figures and discs. The crystals just wasn't worth it, giving little in value of gameplay. This turn I don't feel the need to collect them all. In DI1 you got the figure, the character chests (and main vault for some), a mini game, spins for toys and stars for the HoH. This turn you get a figure with skills. If you don't like the figure, don't get it. The upgrades to the HoSH so far isn't worth it.

rank_100
LittleBabyBlue
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby herbhen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:10 pm

@LittleBabyBlue an interesting point about individual characters. Its funny cause I never got a sense of value out of the 1.0 figures (Toy box figures mostly) as I tended to buy them, play their toy box mission and be done with them. This time in Toy Box 2.0 I've been using my 1.0 figures a lot more to give them the new upgrades and things. I think how each 2.0 figure seems to demonstrate a different play style with different skills is also honestly a lot more compelling than the Vault spins and Toy chests. Whilst I do miss the individual character missions, I'm hoping the Toy Box Game discs make up for their absence.

Having now finished the Avengers play set, can definitely say that it at least picks up and exceeded my first impressions. I thought in the end it was pretty fun in small play sessions (since some of the missions are very much rinse and repeat) but the challenges and the collectables are great fun and I'm still working on beating and getting them all.

In terms of story length, sure its short but no shorter than the 1.0 play set story's were! In terms of the level of content, there's exactly the same amount that were in 1.0.

I think where the disappointment kicks in is that I expected a lot more from the play sets this time round, so maybe heightened my expectations. Whilst the avengers play set was certainly more cinematic, besides that factor its more of the same.

Still looking forward to playing Spider-man and Guardians though, but first gonna hit those Toy Box Games (which I have heard good things about).

@LittleBabyBlue an interesting point about individual characters. Its funny cause I never got a sense of value out of the 1.0 figures (Toy box figures mostly) as I tended to buy them, play their toy box mission and be done with them. This time in Toy Box 2.0 I've been using my 1.0 figures a lot more to give them the new upgrades and things. I think how each 2.0 figure seems to demonstrate a different play style with different skills is also honestly a lot more compelling than the Vault spins and Toy chests. Whilst I do miss the individual character missions, I'm hoping the Toy Box Game discs make up for their absence.

rank_100
herbhen
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Quasimod0 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:23 pm

So there are no individual character unlocks in 2.0? Like with 1.0 where you had to have all the pirates characters, etc to get all the pirates toys.

rank_500
Quasimod0
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys