Details of Console Resolutions for Disney Infinity 2.0

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Details of Console Resolutions for Disney Infinity 2.0

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:37 pm

@illuminaugust No you don't. You can share ownership so you don't have to re level up.

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mattman763 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:39 pm

I don't really care about pixels, I just want to play the game!
We need dogs in infinity! Doug, Bolt, and Pluto would be awesome!

rank_100
Mattman763
Main Console: Wii U

Postby g2red89 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:06 pm

I'm still debating whether to get this for my xbox one or wii u. I like DI 1.0 on the wii u simply because of the gamepad. It's a huge advantage when editing and creating your toy box, and I love how you can easily switch your packs and tools. However going with xbox one i get the instant on feature that will hopefully work and fare well, and the bigger toy boxes. So I'm still torn. Is there a newer and easier way to swap your tools and packs in 2.0? I don't think you can go wrong, but I just want the best bang for my buck.

rank_100
g2red89

Postby herbhen » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:24 am

I've swapped from Wii U 1.0 to PS4 2.0, Graphically as many have already said, I think the toy box looks pretty good and all runs smooth, the Avengers play set is very messy in places though. By no means a massive graphical leap by any stretch of the imagination, but I hadn't expected that to be the case.

For those that are unsure on buying the Wii U version, whilst i certainly cant comment on its graphical optimisation for 2.0, my experience with 1.0 would say that it looks perfectly fine, and runs very very smooth, I would think the resolution being slightly lower wouldn't be noticeable by much, if noticeable at all! (however I'm not sure how the Wii U resolution compares to what 1.0's Wii U resolution was therefore could be wrong).

rank_100
herbhen
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PolyphonicBoy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:29 am

Being used to playing games on PC at 1080p60, and lovely WiiU games like Mario Kart and Mario 3D World, I have to say its pretty horrible playing DI2.0 on WiiU. Especially in 2 player split screen. You get used to it after a while, but I'm looking forward to the PC version coming out to get some graphical fidelity.

rank_0
PolyphonicBoy
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Details of Console Resolutions for Disney Infinity 2.0

Postby MightyGitis » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:54 am

For those of you with questions about getting your figures and 1.0 unlocks in 2.0 I wrote this: viewtopic.php?t=9708

I changed consoles no problem. All figures kept levels. All toys from 1.0 unlocked.

@polyphonicboy Do we have verification of PC having better image quality? The 1.0 PC version visually was worse than most consoles. Only better than the regular Wii.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PolyphonicBoy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:59 am

What resolution are you running the PC version in? It looks gorgeous in 1080p and runs pretty smoothly.

rank_0
PolyphonicBoy
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:08 am

@polyphonicboy They must have updated it. I played it when it first came out and it ran terrible and couldn't handle 1080p without lagging terribly.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:51 am

^ When I watched someone play my Maleficent map on Youtube... I could tell right away that it was the PC version... it just looked too good to be a 360... it was crystal clear and ran butter smooth... I was kinda shocked. LOL.

I wish Digital Foundry would do a video comparison for the DI 2.0 toy box (don't care about the playsets)... would love to see the same toy box side by side in a PS3 vs PS4 scenario so I can compare draw distance and frame rates. Looking at some PS4 toy box vids on youtube... it looks the same to me... just that the resolution is clearly higher. >_>

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys