Future Toy Box Games: Sheriff approved wish list

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Future Toy Box Games: Sheriff approved wish list

Postby Popularvote » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:23 am

Just had a bunch of friends over. Their number one request was a cart racing toy box game.

rank_250
Popularvote
Main Console: PS3

Postby Cellsai » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:06 am

Resurrection!

I started a thread on this elsewhere before I realized there was one already here.

Some really neat ideas above! I really like the idea of a stealth game, or just a straight up 3-D platformer with a standard 'get from A to B and collect a bunch of stuff' design.

I'd also like to see something like the opposite of a Tower Defense game as we have now - you have to attack an enemy base in a series of rounds. Every round you get a budget to spend on buying attacking units which are allied to you and attack the opponent's base. Each type of unit would have specific strengths and weaknesses like "is immune to lasers", "deals huge damage to walls", "very weak against fire traps.". You can then attack along side them.

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby wreckitlightyear » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:40 am

Two ideas.. One- A toy box game for Disney figures that is the toy story wild west and you have to save the trains.. like the TS3 opening.. Two- A Marvel one based off Smash bros in a tourney style campaign
Chewie, we're home...

rank_250
wreckitlightyear
PSN ID:

Postby Undies » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:45 pm

How about a game similar to 'Icy Tower' or 'Donkey Kong'?
Where you avoid obstacles, and have to climb up Rapunzel's tower using her hair...

rank_50
Undies

Postby Modeltrainman » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:42 pm

I would love a stunt racer. Like Hot Wheels. But with Toy Story. 6 cups, place 1st in all, get a drivable RC.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby FlameChampion267 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:14 am

Might be a bit of a weak idea, but Toybox Games are genre based, how about a topdown repetitive "mobile" type game like a restraunt simulator, theme it after Ratatouille, serve customers, clear tables, etc. A type of gameplay that requires you to manage your time effectively to progress to higher levels with more difficult layouts. I am sure someone with talent could make this a thing.

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Hopeless » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:52 am

So we're looking at a pair of toy box game discs for each franchise involved?

So Star Wars should be some kind of Death Star trench run maybe having them rescue Leia and race back to the Falcon making sure to deactivate the tractor beams as they head back?

For Marvel have them fight Strucker and Hydra seeking the exit but having to counter Strucker's efforts to stop them or change him for Ultron maybe?

The idea is they use 2 adventures in 3 different franchises making them look different enough but still essentially the same 2 games just costumed to fit the franchise thereby reduce the time and money needed to get it ready in time?

So maybe a Frozen style escape from whatever his name was, whose seeking revenge for being thwarted?
Possibly an Inside Out escapade through various levels looking for a way back to their "home"?

Only time will tell!

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Cellsai » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:05 am

I hated how DI2.0 had 2 types of Game Discs and just reskinned them for each property. Absolutely disgusting money grab. I would not have bought two starter sets if I knew the Disney Discs were identical to the Marvel ones. I really hope they don't go down that route again.

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby Hopeless » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Funnily I liked the Disney version better!

Might want to remember next time that it might look a good idea but when the Brave toy box game is better than both Marvel games then something is definitely amiss! :twisted:

Hopefully we can see some fighter combat in the next version or at least they take a look at existing star wars games and try to be a little better in their choice of arena... well some of you are asking for a prequel set aren't you? :roll:

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys