Star Wars Possibly Teased for Disney Infinity 3.0!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Star Wars Possibly Teased for Disney Infinity 3.0!

Postby Doc Jump » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:35 pm

Why's he being so coy about not revealing characters?

Isn't a PS3 datamine going to reveal everything on release, let alone the Hall of Heroes itself?

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby candyle73 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:53 pm

I really hope they get that system implemented soon where the data doesn't have to already be on the disc. They could have the data on a server or something and putting that character or playset on the base could trigger the download to happen immediately to your game.
Come on Disney, I know you want to announce Darkwing Duck next...

rank_250
candyle73
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 pm

I now feel bad reading the leaks. I love the trailer being my first hearing about a new figure.

They do an awesome job

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Superboy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:54 pm

Doc Jump is right, we'll know everything within a day or two of release. And frankly I'm getting tired of the "surprises." This represents a significant investment, and less than a month before release it would be nice to know what was coming out so we could start budgeting for it.

rank_100
Superboy
PSN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:11 pm

@Superboy I'm only getting figures I want this time round I think. But so far that's all but stitch (and I'll be getting him in the toy box pack) and most of the marvel minus Loki, Ronan and a few others

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby zylek » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:12 pm

@Superboy I'm with you but I understand the slow release of news in order to keep it in the news and thus stoking the hype machine.

Star Wars should be an interesting animal as people will be wanting playsets from all over the place. Add to it that people will still want more Marvel and Classics too. I guess that's a good problem for DI where Skylanders has to invent characters every time and try to get people interested in them.

rank_0
zylek

Postby Stitch » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:57 pm

@Superboy

Well, they will never release everything at one point.
That is a stupid marketing decision.
By making surprises and holding information, they keep up the hype.
I like being surprised more. And if they told us back in May, when it was first announced, we would have four months of ZERO news.
It would be so boring.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby shades_smiley » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:22 pm

I agree with both sides of the debate here.

I see why they tease and space out the announcements. In fact, I would say the last month or two have been great fun because there have been steady announcements almost every week.

But I also see the point that they should give us the full roster before the game is released. Someone is gonna hack the game and we'll all find out anyway, so why not at least give us a list of upcoming figures/playsets. They don't even have to reveal the figure designs or exact release dates (Spring 2015 works for me). But having a definitive list prior to launch would be nice.

But, back on topic, that tease is about as close to a confirmation that Star Wars will be in 3.0 as you can get without JV saying it outright.

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Razgriz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:36 am

I think completely revealing everything before release is the best way to go and could definitely knock some people on the fence about the game into buying it.
You announce something like a classic character is coming and people will be tempted buy the game on release compared to down the line at a discount.

Even though im a fan of Marvel I had absolutely no interest in them for Infinity but knowing that Aladdin, Jasmine and Tinker Bell are coming makes me more excited for the game overall.
For example Mulan gets announced, my hype would pretty much turn 2.0 into a day one purchase which means a few Marvel characters to play with until the next waves.

On topic I wonder if Indy would be included with Star Wars stuff?

rank_100
Razgriz

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys