Villains in 2015

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Villains in 2015

Postby Superboy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:31 pm

He said there would be 4 more in a tweet, not there would be only 4 more. And how many "educated guesses" have been wrong? So far, absolutely nothing has been made clear. We were also told 80 power discs, that's it, and now we know for a fact that was wrong. I'm unclear why people keep making these assumptions at this point when so many previous assumptions have been wrong.

Maybe you have unlimited funds to buy anything as it comes out. If so, lucky you. But if I'm going to shell it out hundreds of dollars, it's really helpful to know in advance. If it's not a huge issue to you, then don't worry about it, but to a lot of us it is.

rank_100
Superboy
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Quasimod0 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:37 pm

It is an issue to me. I WISH I was made of money like some of the people on here. lol. I don't even have all the characters from 1.0.
I'm just saying that personally, I can't see them having hundreds of dollars worth of unannounced product hidden away this late in the game.
Me, I'm not going to buy everything that comes out. I don't have unlimited funds, so I've gotta be pretty choosy about what I do get. I'm just gonna get a select few power discs from each wave.

rank_500
Quasimod0
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vidia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:46 pm

@Superboy: No, really, JV has repeatedly stated that there are only those four coming. Most recently here.

"@ToyBox1312 Not for 2.0, we have announced all of the Marvel characters at this time."
"@JohnVignocchi @ToyBox1312 so at this point there will only be a couple more originals announced then 2.0 is done?"
"@Chappy4214 @ToyBox1312 yep!"
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby Superboy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:54 pm

@Quasimodo - Personally, I could easily see that. I have no problem envisioning their marketing department saying "Let's hold back 8 figures and 2 more wave of 20 discs for several announcements in 2015 to generate buzz!" (That would be a couple hundred bucks right there) And from that perspective, it would succeed. But how many people would be saying "Aw, I really want those new characters, but I can't afford it right now after spending on other things." Maybe it will be like that, maybe not. The only thing we know right know is we definitely don't know everything.

@Vidia - If he actually answered that final question, the one about there being 32 total, then you could say it's known. But the fact that he answered the vague ones, and stopped answering when a specific total was asked about, that seems kind of odd. Remember when were only supposed to have 80 power discs, 40 Marvel, 40 Disney?

rank_100
Superboy
PSN ID:

Postby Vidia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:57 pm

@Superboy: That was only the most recent one. He's stated it plenty if you keep up with his feed.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby Superboy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:59 pm

@Vidia - Feel free to show me something where he said "There will be a total of 32 characters for Di 2.0." I'd honestly love to see something definitive like that, but so far they have seemed pretty evasive. We still don't even have an answer on how many playsets there will be.

rank_100
Superboy
PSN ID:

Postby TOlofter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:10 pm

JV did say that there are only 2 more Disney Originals and (then) 2 Marvel characters to be announced. BUT, that was FOR NOW. As in, everything currently planned BUT more could still possibly come. They very well could release something down the line and update with a patch. It could be a figure(s) still in the planing stages. Possibly store/park exclusives? Anything is possible....!

rank_100
TOlofter
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Superboy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:12 pm

@TOlofter - The possibilities are infinite! :D

rank_100
Superboy
PSN ID:

Previous