Confirmed 1.0 figures with locomotion?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Confirmed 1.0 figures with locomotion?

Postby Doc Jump » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:27 am

Okay in all honesty, Syndrome not being able to fly is a little ridiculous.

I get that most 1.0 figures aren't able to have proper locomotion. I see the "Buzz should fly" opinion a lot and I can't say I agree: he usually just boosts in a straight line like his pack allows him to do ingame, and I can see why they didn't grant him that ability. But Syndrome? He's the ONLY 1.0 character who can LEGITIMATELY fly, and what is wrong with allowing a SINGLE character to have that ability in game?

I can understand cutting corners in regards to giving the 1.0 characters legitimate abilities, as well as getting people to buy 2.0 figures, but why not give the one character who actually flies... flight?

Can any Mickeys on the forum explain this? Also Vault, could you tell us what added skills he DOES have?

edit: Another character who could've gotten easy locomotion is Mike; in Scream Team he can roll in a ball just like how Stitch rolls in a ball. Though that's a more obscure reference...

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:46 am

@Ben I agree. One every year is too much. Although they defo have put a LOT of effort and improvements into this game

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:53 am

I am disappointed, but considering how much everything else has been overhauled in 2.0 along with 28(so far) new characters, I can see why the old ones got short shrift. Barring some new gimmick in 3.0, I can't imagine there being much need to enhance the 2.0 characters for it, so maybe there will be resources for the old 1.0s.

There's no way they can go without a release a year now. The game has brought Disney Interactive back into relevancy and profitability.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Doc Jump » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:57 am

Yeah, I can't see the Star Wars characters needing more work than the Superheroes, considering barely any of them have locomotion abilities or advanced combat.

rank_750
Doc Jump
PSN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:07 am

Also disagree actually because they didn't have to do anything for the 1.0 characters. Tbh they could have not made them compatible in 2.0 at all so have to say thanks for that

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Doc Jump » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:26 am

They certainly didn't have to give them new skill trees, but there's no chance they ever would've not made them compatible.

rank_750
Doc Jump
PSN ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:33 am

Had they given Syndrome flight that probably would have greatly countered his weak points such as his terrible moves and defense.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby BerryBomber » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:52 am

Don't forget, he mentioned we played the beta version, so its not the final product. At the same time, we did mention Sydrome flying a lot to JV, see we will just have to see.

rank_100_ftb_10
BerryBomber
Main Console: PS4
NN ID:

Postby TOlofter » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:46 am

Are you kidding me....Syndrome now too? No flight? Here I was thinking it was just the Toy Story and probably Pirates figures that had absolutely NO unique skills(unlike what we were originally told). This is a little ridiculous. The 1.0 characters should not be treated like bargain bin failures. They should be right on par with 2.0. Being in 1.0 should not be held against them. Too many great characters and loss of potential for something GREAT! :(

I hope the final build of this game improves on some of this and what we've seen thus far is unfinished.
So far, as someone who does not have 1.0, I am seeing very little reason to get many of the 1.0 characters now.

rank_100
TOlofter
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys