more character figures coming?!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: more character figures coming?!

Postby zylek » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:12 pm

JV has said there are more Marvel characters than the 3 villains announced, I think that was at SDCC. So either they are characters for the existing 3 playsets (Which would be weird to release months after most had probably completed) or they are for Marvel Playsets 4+.

rank_0
zylek
Main Console: PS4

Postby GuyCC75 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:15 pm

As far as X-Men goes, Wolverine should be a shoe-in. He was on Ultimate Spider-Man, after all. Avengers Assemble and Spidey had a ton of super-hero cameos and team ups, so I remain optimistic.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:57 pm

I still believe X-Men and Fantastic Four could be a great fit for the game. I mean, I know that Marvel don't own the movie rights and it makes sense that they're focusing on stuff they do own the rights to. But they've got all those currently relevant characters announced - Avengers (both for the Avengers Assemble cartoon and the general Marvel Cinematic Universe), Ultimate Spider-Man, and Guardians Of The Galaxy are their biggest current projects. They could save a second Avengers playset (with Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Ultron) and a Daredevil playset for 3.0, when Age Of Ultron and the Netflix Defenders shows get released and make those figures extra relevant. Same for Ant Man, if it gets through it's teething troubles. But in the meantime, X-Men especially seems like such a natural choice for 2.0 (with F4 maybe for 3.0 with new movie currently in production). I know the official line that I see repeated here seems to be not wanting to give publicity to those properties and have Fox profit from that. But look at it from the other way around - Fox would be giving Disney Infinity free publicity by making such popular movies with those characters! They have a built-in audience, and Disney didn't technically spend money getting it! ;)

Anyway, just been trying to go over what we already know, see if I can get things straight in my head. Wave 1 is all Marvel. Wave 2 is a mix, although it seems primarily Disney. There looks to be 11 figures in wave 2 - 3 Marvel (Ronan, Loki, Green Goblin) who can play in existing Marvel playsets, and 8 Disney (Merida, Stitch, Tinker Bell, Maleficent, Donald, Aladdin, Hiro, Baymax) who are toy box only. Did I miss anyone? And then next year is when we'll get Jasmine. We've been told at ComiCon that there are more unannounced Marvel figures and JV's tweeted there are more Disney figures that haven't been announced or leaked. I wonder if we'll get a mixed wave 3, or if there might even be a wave 4? I have to hand it to Avalanche, they've really been keeping things under their hats when it comes to 2015 releases, despite all the retail leaks. Kudos! :lol:

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby zylek » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Your summary sounds right as far as I know. I guess we'll know the full lineups from the hall of heroes when the game hits...unless they mask the wave 3+ characters somehow :) Which I wouldn't put past them!

rank_0
zylek

Postby Doc Jump » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:22 pm

For some reason I really doubt Jasmine and JVs favorite charter aren't enough to tide us over until fall in 2015.

What I'm wondering is if the unannounced Marvel characters are, due to Avengers 2 releasing within DI2's latter window, Age of Ultron characters that can be played in the Avengers playset.

rank_750
Doc Jump
PSN ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:23 pm

^ what like quicksilver and scarlet witch?

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Doc Jump » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:25 pm

Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ultron himself and a certain other character...

Four more Marvel characters sounds fair.

rank_750
Doc Jump
PSN ID:

Postby frankiepugs » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 pm

I would be really surprised if they didn't make characters for age of ultron. It will be one of the biggest sequels ever.

rank_250
frankiepugs
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:34 pm

@frankiepugs I am with ya on that.
DI usually pushes the new movies by adding figures. So I am almost positive we will seem some characters from Age of Ultron & hopefully the new Jungle Book movie.

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys