Possible Disney Play Sets? [Play Nice Version]

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Possible Disney Play Sets? [Play Nice Version]

Postby BenFleischman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:30 pm

I think some relevant Disney IP that would make the most sense for playsets are Finding Dory, (We pretty much know it's coming...) Zootopia, (We need a Disney Animation playset, gosh dangit!) The Good Dinosaur, (Don't shy away from four-leggers 'cause they don't fit into the current mechanics!) and GRAVITY FALLS, (Monsters, mysteries, plenty of townspeople) !!!

One more thing, give the playsets BIGGER STORIES! They feel incomplete once you finish them because the plotting is so thin! Plus, if they had stories, then there could be missions with actual relevancy to the story, rather than primarily meaningless tasks.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Nikasaurus » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:17 pm

Just to add fuel to the fire
http://youtu.be/zDiEXZUEzxM?t=3m50s
From about 3:50 in FamilyGamerTV's new video, when talking about the Team-Up discs, the person may have let slip that there are in fact Disney Play Sets.

"Any of the team-ups for Marvel will work in any of the Marvel play sets"
"But obviously not in the Disney play sets?"
"Urm, that's right, yeah"

Obviously the person may have gotten confused and thought Andy was talking about the Disney characters in the Toy Box, but it's interesting nonetheless.

rank_100
Nikasaurus
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby candyle73 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:41 pm

@Ben I do agree that the playsets have pretty thin stories. But I will admit the final battle with the giant Zurg felt pretty epic 0.o
Come on Disney, I know you want to announce Darkwing Duck next...

rank_250
candyle73
PSN ID:

Postby Infinity Guru » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:45 pm

I never expected there NOT to be Disney Playsets in DISNEY Infinity. With the community being mostly Disney Fans, the team is smart enough to know that if they don't give Disney the even amount of treatment in Disney Infinity: MARVEL SUPERHEROES, the community will explode. The better question is "What playsets will they have?" rather than "How many playsets will they have?". The only new Disney Movie I know coming out by the end of this year is Big Hero 6, and without knowing the story, the team was only able to come up with Toy Box Only Characters of Hiro and Baymax, like they did with Anna and Elsa.

If they could, I think Infinity would go back and make a Frozen playset, but with Anna and Elsa already available, I think at least one of them would need to be in the "playset pack" to make people want to buy it, but for us 1.0 players who already have both of them, we don't want to buy another Anna or Elsa, which would then result in them needing to sell the playset piece separate, or have Olaf and Kristoff in the set, which also might not sell that well (it would for me because OLAF IS THE BEST).

One movie that I can see as a playset would be Planes: Fire and Rescue, although I don't like the idea, I see it happening. Being that they enhanced flight controls to make them "easier" (as said at the Toy Box Summit), and having a lot of characters with flight abilities (except Syndrome :evil: ) I can see a Planes playset, and I imagine it being a lot like the Cars Playset, with every challenge being pretty much the same: racing, doing tricks, or looking for things (or in this case putting out fires). They also have new collection items, that are rings that you FLY THROUGH.. It could be a step up from the cars playset, because Planes can both drive on the ground & fly. I liked the first Planes movie I saw (haven't seen Fire and Rescue yet) and I also love the Cars franchise, but I don't think they are the best playsets Disney Infinity wise.

Sorry if it sounds like a wishlist, but I prefer to call it an "un-wish list". I don't really want to see a Planes playset, because I think it will be limited to doing only a few things in a game with "infinite possibilities".

Avalanche is a great company, and I know that whatever playset we get will be great. I'm just one person with one opinion, and I am expressing it. :D
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby candyle73 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:11 pm

@Infinity Guru What you said about the playset piece intrigues me. I think it would be genius to release the playset pieces for franchises from 1.0 on their own. They don't need to be packed with a character and most of the 1.0 toy box figures are ones that needed to be sold with the playset in the first place.
Come on Disney, I know you want to announce Darkwing Duck next...

rank_250
candyle73
PSN ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:51 pm

If there are Disney themed playsets in 2.0 they will likely come out December 2014-June 2015, perhaps the playsets are for movies that have not been released yet and will be available day and date with the movie. That time frame includes, Into the woods, Cinderella (live action), Tomorrowland and Inside Out, all have playset potential. There's also the possibility of Classic films getting a playset and more Marvel sets.

It's my thinking that if there were no Disney playsets at all then they would have confirmed this by now, it's likely they want to keep them a surprise for later in the products life, in order to ensure continued excitement all the way into 3.0

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Nikasaurus » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:57 pm

I think we might hear something (playset related or not) at PAX this weekend

rank_100
Nikasaurus
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Nikasaurus » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:14 pm

In fact, I just tweeted John and I've just now gotten a response
I asked him if we would see an announcement and his response was "Maybe. Not like the typical kind of announcement though."
https://twitter.com/JohnVignocchi/statu ... 1526192128
I can't tell if he's discreetly trying to say "Don't get your hopes up for anything big", but it's something nonetheless.

rank_100
Nikasaurus
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:34 pm

They easily could make different ones for gen 1. Maybe one has Elsa, Kristoff and the play set piece or maybe just the piece and Elsa or just Anna or just Kristoff. Same with wreck it Ralph, they could release one with Ralph and Vanellope, or Vanellope and Felix, or Felix and Calhoun. I don't think they would sell playset pieces without any figures. A great way to introduce new figures for characters that probably would have had figures had they had playlets in 1.0.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys