Possible Disney Play Sets? [Play Nice Version]

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Possible Disney Play Sets? [Play Nice Version]

Postby Superboy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:27 pm

@Nikosaurus - I was just saying that particfular tweet wasn't a confirmation of anything. It reminded me of when JV was asked if there would be anymore characters than what had been seen in the Hall of Heroes and he responded "How do you know you've found everything?" and some people started shouting this was confirmation of more characters coming and got everyone's hopes up. I don't want to see that again.

Of course, if MightyGitis says there are definitely more coming based on what he/she saw in Avalanche studios, that's awesome. Hopefully it's something cool.

rank_100
Superboy
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Nikasaurus » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:34 pm

@Superboy
Nobody is saying it's confirmed. But we're all faithful.
Also wasn't John referring to the lightsaber and Glow in the Dark Buzz which I don't believe were found at the time?

rank_100
Nikasaurus
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Superboy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:40 pm

@Nikosaurus - I don't believe it was ever made 100% clear what he was referring to in that tweet, but since those are the only two other things found since, one can assume that's what he meant. However, at the time, people were saying it meant more characters were confirmed. More characters confirmed was even in the the thread title about it. I remember, because a couple people got upset when I said that it was really a standard PR answer, not a confirmation of anything.

rank_100
Superboy
PSN ID:

Postby Nikasaurus » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:44 pm

I don't think I was around for that as I lost interest in the first game after a while and so I probably didn't come here.
But anyways, we'll just have to wait and see

rank_100
Nikasaurus
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Superboy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:45 pm

Yep, but here's hoping it's something great.

rank_100
Superboy
PSN ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:46 pm

^ not all the Crystals were known at that time, Crystal Mickey was leaked at a launch Giant bomb interview and until the other day that was the only existing image of him. Not sure if Glow Buzz will remain a digital exclusive, he's in the console version after all. Confirmation on that outstanding mystery would be really nice.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby candyle73 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:02 pm

As always I remain cautiously optimistic until I hear any official confirmation. In my gut, I feel like they have more and are just spreading it more evenly compared to 1.0. I'm actually a huge Marvel fan though so I am pretty happy with what we got so far. I really applaud them for risking it and adding an unknown franchise like GOTG (even though it didn't work too well for Lone Ranger). You can tell they definitely had a lot faith in the franchise to create that whole playset AND announce a sequel to the movie before the first was even in theaters.

Also kind of funny, I keep up with everything going on with 2.0 announcements & rumors and keep my wife informed. When I told her there was only the one playset in the starter pack compared to the 3 from the 1.0 starter, she was like, "That's ridiculous, it better be huge!" I than told her there were only 3 playsets so far and they were all Marvel. Her response: "Only 3?! The first game had 6! And I thought you said they announced Jasmine, she doesn't get a playset?" Don't worry I can usually calm her down by showing her the Rocket Raccoon figure. But tread lightly Disney, you don't want to get my wife mildly upset... you wouldn't like her mildly upset ;P
Come on Disney, I know you want to announce Darkwing Duck next...

rank_250
candyle73
PSN ID:

Postby SketchFox7 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:29 pm

The Twitch chat wasn't the only hint we got at new play sets, JV was talking during some QA stuff about play sets and made a point to say "so far" at the end of one of the questions regarding play sets. Now that could just be reading too much into it, but to me that does mean more are coming. Imo, they will be Disney based, as MightyGitis (btw, loved the toy box! It was awesome, GotG is such a great movie, look forward to downloading your toy box!!!) said, what would the Marvel toy box be? X-Men & Fantastic Four wouldn't really make sense right NOW with the current play sets coinciding with relevant movies & animated series made by Disney. Also most possible future Marvel figures (which JV did tweet there will be more) can fit into missions of other play sets, such as Ultron, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch & Vision in the Avengers play set, etc... I definitely think we'll get at least 1, maybe 2 Disney play sets, what they are? I have no clue.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Vidia » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Oooh, it is very exciting to hear that signs at the summit pointed towards there being more playsets! Thanks, MightyGitis!

Without wanting to turn this into a wish list, my guess would still be Little Mermaid. They've always gone on about how they're adding the most requested characters, and they acknowledged that Ariel was one of the most requested ones. Their answer about water could very easily have been a dodge. I think a good compromise with Ariel would be to have her as a Mermaid in the playset, and human in the Toybox.

But we don't really have any idea. We'll just have to wait and see!
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys