Possible Disney Play Sets? [Play Nice Version]

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Possible Disney Play Sets? [Play Nice Version]

Postby Stitch » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:42 pm

^
Whatever it takes to make a playset.
Let's just keep asking for a playset ;)

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby FlameChampion267 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:49 am

First off, I am of an opinion that more characters should be the priority over more playsets, if I can play as blank, who cares if I'm in a playset or not.

On the other hand, there has been talk of add-ons and patches to improve the game post launch (Ralph wall climb perhaps?) What if they release a patch for a future playset! We can all agree the leaks have been strong with this one, right? Saying that there is only a limited amount of characters and playsets left could be a way of redirecting attention from the fans, until an appropriate time? And if it gets patched in, the information wouldn't be on the disc from day one, no HoH spoilers or hacks?

I'm not a programmer, is this possible?

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Quasimod0 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:59 am

What about a DLC playset for existing characters? Like Phineas and Perry, Elsa and Anna, or Baymax and Hiro?

rank_500
Quasimod0
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Razgriz » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:26 am

@Quasimod0
If they do a retroactive playset i'd say it would definitely be Frozen first. If just to get it out there while
1. Frozen is still popular
2. The figures are still easy to get a hold of, kids haven't lost them yet

rank_100
Razgriz

Postby PixarToonie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:14 am

I think it would be a really nice idea for the Toy Box characters to get Playsets, but I don't think that will ever happen. The characters are PROBABLY (don't quote me on this) fixed only to the Toy Box, so if the team at Avalanche want to make a Playset out of them, they would need to collect all of everybody's Elsa's and Ralph's and Perry's to get the job done. This is probably not true, but that's what I was told once by a good friend. So let's run through who we have in the Toy Box

FROZEN-This movie is one of Disney's highest grossing films and it will definetly last a lifetime. Kristoff and Olaf could come in the Playset with Hans as an additional character.
NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS-One of Tim Burton's most celebrated creations, this would make a great Playset, but what characters would they put in? Sally and Oogie Boogie. The Mayor? Zero? They could have another small-amount of characters playset, but with all the Marvel Playsets having 6 or 7, maybe not...
TANGLED-Another great classic for years to come, Tangled was a true masterpiece. But again, the characters. Flynn and Mother Gothel are the only two I could see fitting in.
WRECK-IT-RALPH-Probably due to all the Wrecking Fandom on the forums for a Playset, this would have a high chance of coming alongside Frozen. Felix, Calhoun and King Candy/Turbo would be great fitters for this playset. You could explore Game Central Station and play the actual Sugar Rush and Hero's Duty.
PHINEAS & FERB-When Ferb was leaked I was pretty pumped because I though that maybe a Playset was to come. But No, I still don't own the characters, but I think a Playset of this would be marvellous. Ferb, Candence, Isabella and Dr Doof all have high chances of coming for this playset. I mean, think of all the gadgets you could use.
FANTASIA-I don't think so.
MALEFICENT-I really wanted a Sleeping Beauty or Maleficent playset because I loved the films. I really wanted Maleficent to create thorns and stuff but instead we got the ability to FLY!!!! So cool. Anyway Aurora and Prince Phillip are the only two characters I can see coming, maybe human Diablo, Flora, Fauna & Merryweather?
BRAVE-I really hoped for a Playset for Brave, but who would come with it. Eleanor? Fergus? M'ordu? MAUDI? Haha!
LILO & STITCH-One of my favourite Disney films of all time, Stitch was a perfect addition for Infinity. Lilo, Nani, Gantu, Jumba & Pleakley would make PERFECT additions to Infinity too. Imagine flying high on a Hawaiin Rollercoaster Ride!
TINKER BELL-One of Disney's most popular franchises among young female children is Disney Fairies. I would have really liked a Pixie Hollow to explore round with Tinker Bell and her friends. It would be a very peaceful playset among all the fighting in the Marvel ones.
ALADDIN-One of the Disney's greatest classics, Aladdin and Jasmine should have came with a Playset. Jafar would also accompany them, but again, small amount of figures.
BIG HERO 6-At first I thought this film didn't look too good, but now I'm really excited for it. As it is kind of Marvel, I would have thought it would have had a Playset.

Note: I AM NOT COMPLAINING! That is one thing I would never do. I love the DI Community and the guys and gals at Avalanche. Disney Infinity is PERFECT how it already is, yet I do want stuff for Infinity, but doesn't everyone? Thanks Avalanche, Disney and Marvel for creating this game which I have spent many hours on!
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Razgriz » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:26 am

I don't agree,
I think all you would need is a playset saying "hey I need this character" and the base to be able to say "hey I have that character"
Well technically it would just be a numerical code telling the game who you are using.

The characters full data(model, voice, movement, etc) is stored on the game and will be stored in 2.0(so we technically have 60+ characters in 2) and probably 3.0 as well.
So the designers have all the data and create a playset with it then they just make the playset check your figure/character's exclusive code that allows them into the playset.

Edit: Im of course talking about in the base game, not as DLC.

rank_100
Razgriz

Postby Romulus77 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:27 am

The problem with patching in playsets and characters is that there are still a lot of people who don't connect their consoles to the internet. Having figures/playsets out for sale that require a patch could lead to an incredible amount of confusion and frustration when people bring them home and they don't work out of the box.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Possible Disney Play Sets? [Play Nice Version]

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:01 am

Yup yup. @Romulus77 hit the nail on the head. Every figure and play set will already be on that game disc. They will use patches to fix bugs and what not. Maybe to add toys like they added the Tron pack last time. But if they are selling a hard plastic item for it they will already have it programmed in.

They will already have enough confusion with people buying 2.0 figures not understanding they new to buy the new game as well. Add in figures that require a specific download and it becomes a customer service nightmare.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby FlameChampion267 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Too true, I concede.

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID: