Possible Disney Play Sets? [Play Nice Version]

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Possible Disney Play Sets? [Play Nice Version]

Postby Stitch » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Megara would be a perfect figure.
First of all, she is representing the girls demographic, which we all know has been needed lately.
Second, she is just a great character. What she doesn't make in strength, she makes in strategy. Disney could figure something out.

But most of all, Hades is a must. By far my favorite villain of all time.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby zylek » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:51 pm

Aren't there several Disney IPs that can crossover? I mean Kingdom hearts had several different IPs in it as did the Disney Universe game. So couldn't there be some Disney playsets that span multiple IPs?

rank_0
zylek

Postby Vidia » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Coincidentally, Hercules is actually one of the playsets that could theoretically have crossover characters, because in the Hercules TV series there was an episode that crossed over with Aladdin. Basically Hades brought Jafar back from the dead, and they each tried to defeat the other one's rival.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby SketchFox7 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:01 pm

This is off topic, but that is literally my favorite episode of that show (loved that show so much), you can find it on YouTube, it's called "Hercules and the Arabian Night"
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Postby DizExplorer03 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:41 pm

I just saw the trailer and from what I saw, I believe that since we have Cars characters, it would make sense that in 2.0 they would bring in a playset for Planes. How did I figure it out? There was a skydome in the trailer that showed a forest on fire. To me, it was obvious that would be Planes 2 rather than Bambi. Also, there's no sign of any power discs about Planes. So, it must be unlocked by a character!

rank_100_ftb_10
DizExplorer03
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:17 pm

@Imagineer

I really don't think that enough people want or like Planes enough for that Playset to sell well.
Not to mention, Planes are even more limited than cars.
Planes should be mounts at best.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Doc Jump » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:22 pm

Kids really like the Cars and Planes franchises.

This game has upgraded flying vehicles mechanics as well as a Planes themed skydome that we don't know how to unlock.

Putting all of these facts together..

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:40 pm

@ Vidia
Oooh, I hadn't seen the star Hercules interior item, thanks for mentioning it. That sounds really cute!

@ Stitch
I know Planes isn't very popular with certain Disney fans, but don't forget it's just had a sequel released. Disney wouldn't put money into that if box office, DVD, and merch sales from the first film hadn't proved successful, so the franchise is popular enough to warrant a second film. While there are properties I would personally prefer to see get a playset over Planes, I wouldn't dismiss it as a potential playset just yet, it could still be a possibility. I do agree that I would prefer to see the characters as mounts, but maybe since they've made figures out of the Cars, it would seem disjointed to have characters from the same universe not be playable? There is also the crossover potential between the two franchises to consider, although a Planes playset would presumably be all about flying, so the Cars characters would be left behind! ;)

Man, every time female characters are mentioned, we always have comments about how they can't fight! :lol: Don't forget, the game has already shown us that it can make believable fighters out of characters who aren't necessarily known in that capacity - Donald, Phineas and Jasmine have proven that. So it shouldn't be a problem or cause for concern with female characters. I mean, I know Donald gets angry a lot, but he's not traditionally a fighter. In the classic cartoons, usually when he gets into mischief, it involves him being on the receiving end of violence, not him kicking butt. And his fighting style in Kingdom Hearts was mostly magical, something we didn't really associate with him before. But we accepted it in Kingdom Hearts, and people are already accepting him as a fighter in DI, so there's no reason why we can't extend that courtesy to female characters. If Megara were a figure, there's all sorts of possible special moves she could have. Jasmine has a wind power, maybe Megara could have a power connected to Underworld, if a potential playset were set during her time working for Hades.

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby robhandley » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:53 pm

Are we sure we are definitely not getting an Aladdin playset? I am still hopeful.
Here is why:
The trailers show a lot of sandy worlds. The rolling sand dunes at the start of the Aladdin & Jasmine don't appear to be toy box pieces.
The intro to game shown at the summit was also set in a desert.
Aladdin and Jasmine are apparently being released separately. Aladdin as part of wave 2 and Jasmine in 2015. WHY?? Maybe she is part of a playset pack with a yet to be announced character.
I am also aware that the advertised packaging shows them as toy box characters. However iron man packaging only shows him as part of the avengers playset yet we know he can be used in Spider-Man and toy box. You would have thought they would put all uses on packaging rather than just one.

Maybe just wishful thinking but they could just be throwing us off the scent?

rank_0
robhandley

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys