Disney Infinity 2.0 crossover characters

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: DI 2.0 figure compatibility?

Postby megadrive2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:37 pm

@mantez As has been mentioned, jose.abalos (an avalanche employee) has posted a full list on the first page of this topic, stating Nova is compatible with the Avengers playset. The Official site doesn't state Nova won't be an Avengers crossover character, it is constantly being updated and as yet just does not include the icon indicating this. Also this Family Gamer TV video from E3 mentions Nova as a crossover in Avengers as well at the 12.00 mark:

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby mantez » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:32 pm

So here is a question. Wouldn't spider man be a better suited cross over for the Avengers playset? Being that these play sets are clearly based on the Ultimate animated series and in these shows Nova hasn't had much interaction with the Avengers.

rank_50
mantez
Main Console: PS3

Postby megadrive2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:58 pm

Whilst the playsets and characters are based upon the current animated series, the overarching story-lines for the Marvel playsets are written Brian Micheal Bendis to make sense within the context of one another. It's has been said that the crossovers will make sense once the player gets into the story.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby MrNerdDad » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:41 pm

Maybe it's a foreshadowing that Nova will be getting more interaction with the Avengers.

rank_50
MrNerdDad
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby CCRunner524 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:47 pm

^ They did say in an interview that creators of the show gave them storyline to future episodes.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Who are the crossover characters?

Postby Nikasaurus » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:48 am

I'm trying to work out what my best advantage is when it comes to purchasing figures on launch day.
I'm definitely getting the starter pack and the two playsets, plus a free character (choice in the UK between Iron Fist, Nick Fury and Hawkeye). But I reckon I'll have enough for at least one or two more figures and I think having crossover characters is the best idea, so I wanted to check who these were.
So add/correct me please :)

INTO The Avengers Play Set coming FROM...
... Guardians is Rocket?

INTO the Spider-Man Play Set coming FROM...
... The Avengers is Iron Man? and Hulk?

INTO the Guardians Play Set coming FROM...
... The Avengers is Iron Man?
... Spider-Man is Nova?

rank_100
Nikasaurus
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: Who are the crossover characters?

Postby PixarToonie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:54 am

I thought Iron Fis was going into the Guardians playset. I must be wrong. Anyway I think Nick Fury will probably be additional for the Avengers Playset alongside Rocket, BUT THIS IS NOT FOR DEFINITE. Don't quote me on that. So the figures worth buying will be Rocket, Hulk (not at launch) and Nova with the additional Ironman, Thor and Black Widow and the Playset packs.
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Nikasaurus » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 am

@PixarToonie You would think Nick Fury would be in Avengers. Maybe he is. In fact, I do remember a YouTube video with a guy playing it at a booth saying how he was.
What I'll do is I think I'll get Nick as my free character (I was considering him anyway just for Samuel L. Jackson :P) and buy Rocket. That would bring me up to 9 characters as well as having 3 characters for each playset.
Thanks for the help.
I'll see if I can find that video, I'm pretty sure it was a FamilyGamerTV one.

rank_100
Nikasaurus
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Nikasaurus » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:18 am

Around the 5 minute mark in this video he says that Nova is playable in The Avengers.

rank_100
Nikasaurus
PSN ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys