Predictions for Disney Starter Pack

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Predictions for Disney Starter Pack

Postby Doc Jump » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:03 am

So with the reveal from Stitch Kingdom that the Stitch and Merida toybox game discs would be the same game genres as the Attack on Asgard/Escape from the Kiln discs, I think I've figured out what Disney's plan is for the "Disney Originals Starter Pack" that they have yet to unveil.

Considering Stitch and Merida were the #1 and 2 most requested characters according to Avalanche/Johnny V, its not much of a surprise that they got their own toybox games. It ALSO wouldn't make much of a surprise, seeing as those two toybox games are similar to those found in the MARVEL starter pack, that these will be found in the DISNEY starter pack. Think about it.

The Marvel pack has:
Iron Man
Black Widow
Thor
Playset piece
Tower Defense game (Thor)
Dungeon Crawler game (GOTG)
Base

Two popular male characters, one popular female character, their playset piece and two toybox games.

Now here's what I think will be in the Disney pack:
Stitch (#1 most requested Disney)
Merida (#2 most requested Disney)
?????? (#3 most requested Disney)
Tower Defense game (Stitch)
Dungeon Crawler game (Merida)
Base

Now here's what I'm not sure about; because none of the Disney characters so far have a playset, there probably won't be a playset included in the Disney starter set. It'll come with a notice about it being toybox only I'm sure, but I really doubt they'll put in a Disney playset when the two most popular characters they've included so far are toybox only.

If they don't include a playset piece, what do you think they'll put in its place? A fourth popular unannounced figure? Will they just leave it at three? By the way I have a strong feeling that the third most requested figure is going to be announced as Aladdin; similar to the Marvel pack's boy/girl/boy packaging, Stitch/Merida/Aladdin would have a similar demographic to target.

What do you think?

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Re: Predictions for Disney Starter Pack

Postby Infinityfan05 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:16 am

That would be Great for your Predictions for a Disney Starter Pack cause i've been wanting more Disney Related Stuff in 2.0 and more Playable Disney Characters so much and i do love your Ideas though cause i've been waiting for this ever since it started

rank_100
Infinityfan05
PSN ID:

Postby Doc Jump » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:17 am

Yeah a lot of people have been waiting for news on a Disney starter, but if the delay on information was due to a hype-inducing unannounced figure like Aladdin it would make sense.

rank_750
Doc Jump
PSN ID:

Postby shades_smiley » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:20 am

I've been arguing that because Stitch, Merida, Tink, and Maleficent are all listed as individual figures in the retailer leaks, that they will not be part of the Disney Originals Starter Set. I still say it's going to Goofy, Minnie, and Classic Mickey, with Donald as an additional character for the Toontown playset.

You're theory about the Toy Box Discs could put a damper on this, BUT, JV has hinted that there will be more than just the announced 4 Toy Box Games. So there could be unannounced ones with the Originals Starter Set and the Stitch/Merida ones could be packaged with their individual packs.

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Doc Jump » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:23 am

My counter argument to the "individual figures" listing rational is that they'd need to be individual figures as well for the people who want to buy the Marvel starter and THEN Disney characters.

For example, Thor is a single figure as well as a part of the Marvel starter set.

rank_750
Doc Jump
PSN ID:

Postby shades_smiley » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:36 am

^^ Valid point. But they've said there will be an "Avengers Playset" available as an alternative to the full "Marvel Starter Set". They could do the same thing with a Disney playset.

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Romulus77 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:52 am

Maybe Donald is like Thor and there will be a Mickey/Minnie playset pack release.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Doc Jump » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:54 am

If there's a Toontown playset, it'll probably be Minnie and Goofy. Because Donald is a single, he'd be found in the starter pack or as a single for the set.

rank_750
Doc Jump
PSN ID:

Postby Noah » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:59 am

I think there'll definitely be a playset because most people have the base already and they're not going to want to pay for another just for 3 figures and 2 toy box games
I'm telling you, man. Every third blink is slower.

rank_100
Noah

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys