Predictions for Disney Starter Pack

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Predictions for Disney Starter Pack

Postby The Disney Dork » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:42 pm

All I know is one thing...it'll be nothing compared to the Marvel pack :(

rank_250
The Disney Dork
Main Console: Wii U

Postby BenFleischman » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:15 pm

I dont know why everyones talking about a Toontown playset. That doesnt make any sense to me, whatsoever. There's no concrete Toontown; its just one big copyright mess. I really dont think they would make a playset based on something so vague.
If there's any structured gameplay in the Disney Starter Pack it will surely include the Toy Box game discs. But because the two announced Disney discs parallel the Marvel ones, I wouldnt be surprised if their was a Disney playset included. The problem with that is, that would mean Stitch and Merida are included, leaving one additional spot. Disney doesnt want to make the mistake of not allowing Multiplayer out of the box, so this would therefore disprove a Disney playset. I just dont understand how there are only half the number of playsets we got in 1.0! Toy Box game discs arent an improvement if they're a replacement.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby OffBrandCereal » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:17 am

@BenFleischman

That is not necessarily true. The Marvel playset disc has a Thor one and GOTG one. GOTG is not included in the starter pack, so although a stitch and merida disc could be included, it doesn't necessarily mean the figures will be included. Just throwing that out there.

My personal prediction will be that Disney will stick with a similar formula as the marvel starter pack, which means that I believe there is an unannounced disney playset that will have 3 disney characters, all relating to the same IP with 2 males and 1 female figure. Then there will also be the playset piece and the 2 pyramid discs and a base in the pack as well.

Disney does not want to alienate people who didn't want the marvel included at all, and that's why they've strived so hard to make sure that the first starter pack was referred to as "Disney Infinity 2.0 (Marvel Superheroes)", and they haven't marketed the Disney and Marvel together for that reason either. They understand that there are purists out there who would be offended if their precious Disney Universe was overcome with Comic Book characters.
I
Disney isn't even close to done with their announcements! Have faith everyone because this is gonna be the best version yet (I already think it is, but thats beside the point) :)
Bringing Disney Afternoon to Infinity, one post at a time.

rank_50
OffBrandCereal
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby BenFleischman » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:19 am

The Stitch and Merida discs are the same game types as the Marvel ones. And they have to be played by Merida and Stitch before it unlocks skirmish mode, where any character can play.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby shades_smiley » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:29 am

@ Ben, Toontown is a 100% theory based on the idea that if they wanted to bring the classic Disney characters into a playset it would give them a unifying locale to do so. And Toontown IS a concrete thing, literally, as it exists in Disneyland, The Magic Kingdom in Orlando, and probably other Disney parks around the globe.

I fully admit it may be wishful thinking, but with what little information we currently have, I think it's just as possible as any other theory.

rank_100
shades_smiley

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:30 am

@BenFleischman,

Regarding Toontown, there's no copyright mess otherwise there wouldn't have been Toontown Online for 10 years made by Disney Interactive. People are pushing for a Toontown playset because it can represent a big part of Classic Disney. The former online game is even a good template for a playset. It centered on Toons battling robots called Cogs with different pranks. So we've already got a setting, enemies, and abilities to unlock and upgrade via the skill trees.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:40 am

If they based a Toontown playset on the Toontown MMO, that would send me down nostalgia lane.
I played that game a lot when I was smaller.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby The Disney Dork » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:42 am

Would be interesting, considering Toontown just closed pretty recently.

rank_250
The Disney Dork

Postby frankiepugs » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:03 am

When Donald was leaked, wasn't he listed as "Mickey Mouse clubhouse"?

rank_250
frankiepugs
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys