No Toy Box Only Marvel Figures in Disney Infinity 2.0

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: No Toy Box Only Marvel Figures in Disney Infinity 2.0

Postby SuperHazman » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:17 pm

While those are great ideas, this isn't a wishlist! :)

Please direct your attention here: http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=229&sid=6d438dccfde828b60606857932b2ec91#sthash.qHt4Er7N.dpbs
I'm baack! - Daredevil & Elektra for DI 3.0

rank_250
SuperHazman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Re: No Toy Box Only Marvel Figures in Disney Infinity 2.0

Postby FROZOFAN » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:50 pm

I know there is some backlash that Marvel characters won't be confined to Toy Box only where as Disney characters have been and continue to be but I think there are good reasons for this.
1. It simply makes sense. The Marvel Universe is very different than the Disney Universe. Marvel characters, specifically the ones coming to DI 2, have all in one way or another teamed up or faced off at some point in the TV shows, Movies and Comics. They have all met and are familiar with one another where as Woody and Mickey mean nothing to each other. For these reasons, JV explained last year, creators and directors didn't want strange characters showing up in their worlds just for the sake of Disney. There needs to be a sense of cohesiveness.
2. I think one of the biggest complaints about 1.0 from parents was that other toys were mandatory to buy if you wanted to play co op in the playsets. This way, everyone can play together right away right out of the box.
3. The new Toy Box updates that are including those missions and dungeon crawler games is a good way to keep those toy box only toys relevant. They let you get your fantasy team ups in what can almost be described as a secondary campaign.
4. Marvel is going to sell like hot cakes. Whether you are a fan or not, you cannot deny that Marvel is one of the most popular brands among kids, teens and even adults. It's a billion dollar industry across the comics, toys, TV, movies, etc... I'm not saying Classic Disney characters aren't popular, but there is just no chance that a LILO & Stich playsets would outsell a Spider-man playset. Not only that, but just look at how many more characters they can sell for a Marvel playset, the list is almost endless. For these reasons, it makes sense as a business to allocate all of your resources to make content that is a sure fire home run.

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys