Disney Infinity 2.0 Legends starter packs listed online

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Legends starter packs listed online

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:11 pm

the costume change discs could allow sorcerer's apprentice mickey to change into his classic outfit (and many others), similarly with any of the fab 5 characters

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:55 pm

I can't see myself buying this if the starter pack contains Minnie/Goofy and Pluto. Sorry... For one that would be one playset, which doesn't make any sense. That would be taking a step backwards.

3 Mickey Mouse inspired playsets which all the characters can play in wouldn't be good either.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby SketchFox7 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:05 pm

I definitely think that the Classic Disney characters will get costume discs, definitely makes sense, just wondering which look Donald's figure will have. I hope that one day they all three get Kingdom Hearts costume discs as well (at the same time we get a Sora figure, sporting his KH1 or KH2/KH3 look, with a costume disc of his own for whichever outfit he doesn't use as his figure).
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Jazz820 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:54 am

I am so confused with all these starter packs, this is why I have decided to go with the digital download on my Wii U even if I do have to wait longer

rank_1250
Jazz820
NN ID:

Postby herbhen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:29 am

I like the idea of a starter pack full of mickey characters, whilst ive already opted for the Marvel Starter pack on release. What I find particularly strange is that Disney would even opt for releasing another starter pack though, im sure I recall John Vignocchi saying in an interview, that the reason they werent releasing 2.0 without a infinity base at retail was to avoid confusion. I can't think of anything more confusing than having different starter packs essentially for the same game.

rank_100
herbhen
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:16 am

I doubt we would get Kingdom Hearts costume disks. It would mean Avalanche would have to pay Square Enix royalties.

rank_50
Chris
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Qcumber » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:47 pm

I think that there are going to be "Legend" Costume Discs that make characters turn a certain color/give them a costume of a certain color, similar to Skylanders' Legendary variants. Most of DI is based on Skylanders, anyway.

rank_0
Qcumber
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Infinityfan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:54 pm

^No it's not based off skylanders. DI had been started worked on since 2010 so they didn't copy them!

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby SketchFox7 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:48 pm

@Chris- Actually they should not have to pay Square Enix anything, Disney owns everything original or Disney based in the Kingdom Hearts franchise, Sora, Riku, Kairi, keyblades, Organization XIII, etc... Disney basically lets SE have free reign when it comes to the KH games but Disney owns everything that isn't from Final Fantasy or The World Ends With You. They have the right to use whatever they want to, but from what I understand they've kind of avoided doing that too much as to not jeopardize their relationship with Square Enix (like if Disney overused the KH brand too much, SE could choose to stop making the games, etc...) but I think a few things, like a Sora figure, a couple costumes and some toy box items in Disney Infinity this late in the KH series' life wouldn't step on any toes.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys