Green Goblin, Loki and Ronan are playable

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Green Goblin, Loki and Ronan are playable

Postby ElvisRV » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:57 pm

Excited to see some more characters (especially Loki who will make my sister really happy).
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby shades_smiley » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:58 pm

I think they will space out the waves more. They got a lot of criticism last year for front-loading the releases to much.

Wave 1 will be the three announced Marvel playsets and their character (minus the villains).
I predict Wave 2 will be the currently announced Disney figures, the villains, and hopefully a Disney playset or two, and it will begin in Nov and run through the holidays.
Then Wave 3 will be the rest of the unannounced Disney figures/playsets and unannounced Marvel figures and it wont be until April probably.

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Jazz820 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 pm

This is how I see it:

Wave 1: All the Marvel Heroes announced so far besides the villains

Wave 2: All the Disney Originals announced so far plus the three Villians

Wave 3: A Mixture of extra Marvel and Disney characters

rank_1250
Jazz820
NN ID:

Postby SketchFox7 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:00 am

Anybody else prefer the previous black with yellow bolt Ms. Marvel design over the current Cpt. Marvel design or is it just me? I really wish they would've went with that one.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7

Postby Infinityfan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:25 am

^Looked her up and that version did look cooler! :)

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby FlameChampion267 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:14 am

As someone who has never been into Marvel, if she was in her black suit she would be top of my list for figures besides stitch and merida.

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:59 am

It was a significant moment of growth for Carol to take on the name Captain Marvel plus the new costume with it, so having her be Ms Marvel in her old costume in the game would be a step back for her in terms of character, and likely disappointing to her fans, who will be the ones picking up any potential figure the day she's released. Also there's actually a new Ms Marvel now, Kamala Khan. Personally, I'm ecstatic to see her represented as Captain Marvel in her current look, she's awesome and it's respectful of the team to the current Marvel canon and to her as a character. Maybe they'll make a costume power disc for the Ms Marvel/Warbird look, who knows. Obviously this is all speculation, since we don't know if she's coming as a figure yet. Fingers crossed though.

I think I'm going to have to rewatch Ultimate Spider-Man. When I think of Green Goblin, I still automatically think of the comics version, so I need to get my mind back into the Ultimate version. I actually quite like him though, he's got a more unique look that I think will work really well in DI. Looking forward to playing as him!

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby Superboy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Except that it wasn't a significant moment of growth to take Ms. Marvel and rename her Captain Marvel, it was a cynical and disgusting money-grab performed by Disney after they won the court case against DC comics. The first Captain Marvel was the DC one, orginally published by Fawcett comics before DC bought them. That Captain Marvel then was out of print for a little while because DC thought he was too similar to Superman, and Marvel brought out their own version. Then DC brought their Captain Marvel back. For years the two companies shared the name in a fairly amiable relationship, the only stipulation being DC couldn't use Captain Marvel in the name of a book, so DC Captain Marvel titles were called things like "The Power of Shazam." All that ended a few years ago, when Disney's deep pockets were able to pay for enough lawyers to get that changed.

For those that don't know, the real Captain Marvel, the Marvel one at least was a Captain in the Kree military named Mar-Vell, who betrayed the Kree in order to protect humanity. In continuity, people misheard his name, and he was dubbed "Captian Marvel." In a very bold move by Marvel comics, Captain Marvel ended up developing cancer from a nerve agent he had been exposed to yearss earlier, and died from it. It was an incredibly poignant story, and this was long before death in comics became a revolving door. Ms. Marvel's name change, which was only for the sole purpose of making sure that DC can't ever use the Captain Marvel name again, gives a huge middle finger to Jim Starlin and one of the most emotional and powerful stories ever seen in the medium.

There have been other "faux-Marvels" before this (The only one which didn't feel like a complete money-grab was Monica Rambeaux) but none of them lasted. Just like when Lou Gherig's number was retired by the Yankees, nobody wanted to see another character use that name. I hope they change Ms. Marvel back soon, she was a great character before this with an identity all her own. Renaming her just to keep DC from using the name is petty and small-minded. It does damage to her character, and diminshes both one of the greatest moments in comc history and the Marvel brand as a whole.

rank_100
Superboy
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby zylek » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:44 pm

Wave 2 will be both:

Gamer ‏@INHGamer
@JohnVignocchi perfectly fine, thanks for the quick response :D also another quick question. Will wave 2 be marvel chars or just disney

John Vignocchi ‏@JohnVignocchi 30m
@INHGamer Both

rank_0
zylek
Main Console: PS4

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys