Green Goblin, Loki and Ronan are playable

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Green Goblin, Loki and Ronan are playable

Postby Superboy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Getting back to the topic at hand, I'm pretty disappointed in the playable villains. I would've preferred to see more heroes, and there are so many great choices. For Avengers,- Black Panther, Hank Pym, or Ms. Marvel, for Spiderman - Luke Cage, Black Cat, or Dardevil, and for GOTG - Silver Surfer. I know the Surfer is not a member of the Guardians, but he has been their ally in the past and is one of Marvel's best cosmic heroes. The whole "chaing down the villain while playing as the villain" seems weird to me.

rank_100
Superboy
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby MrNerdDad » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Maybe they have a replacement villain in the story if you play as a villain this time around. I imagine they've learned some lessons from the last time. It shouldn't be too difficult to program, I remember I had a wrestling video game for the N64 and one of the story lines made you always wrestle against the Undertaker at wrestlmania, unless you were the Undertaker. Then you wrestled Stone Cold. If it was possible to do something like that on an N64 cartridge there shouldn't really be a technical limitation now-a-days. It would make more sense for you to be able to play as the villain once you've beaten the game though, possibly some sort of bonus storyline.

rank_50
MrNerdDad
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby CCRunner524 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:36 pm

^^ I disagree. We have plenty of heroes. I love Marvel and all but I hope they have as many Disney Characters as Marvel ones. They have announce soooo many Marvel ones which is great, but i think that is enough for 2.0 in my opinion. I love villains. Ever since I was a kid, i was the one that bought the villains action figures. Making the villains playable in the playsets is fine with me. I plan on beating the playsets WELL before they even are released. We have what almost 2 months after the game is released till we can buy them? If i choose to replay the playset as a villain by that point it will be my choice. It will give me a different experience and encourage me to play it again.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:54 pm

I could be wrong, and if so please correct me, but they have pages now up on infinity.disney.com for Ronan, the Green Goblin and Loki. I don't remember seeing them when I visited a few days ago. Links provided below straight to their respective pages.

Ronan

Green Goblin

Loki

Edit: As of now (9/6/14 2pm), I think they need to fix Ronan's page... The banner at the top shows the Loki banner image instead of Ronan's banner image.

Edit 2: Ronan page/banner fixed :-)

Edit 3: Last edit. This is just weird. When viewed on Safari the Ronan page loads properly, but when loaded from Chrome, the Ronan page displays a Loki banner. No big deal, nevermind I mentioned it now... :lol:

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby Popularvote » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:03 pm

I thought I heard rumors that villains would have a different story, but I can't remember where I heard that. Probably bunk.

rank_250
Popularvote
Main Console: PS3

Postby PixarToonie » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:02 pm

So did I, maybe it was from FamilyGamerTV or could be my imagination. If this is not so, I will be very disappointed.
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby TheDangboy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:14 pm

I remember hearing the GOTG developer guy in a Family Gamer TV 'episode' saying there would NOT be a different story for the villains because it would take too long to program, or something along those lines...hopefully i'm wrong though.

rank_50
TheDangboy
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby crocko33 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:40 pm

One can hope that maybe they will have some unique side missions.

rank_100
crocko33
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys