No Gravity Falls Figures are coming to 2.0

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: No Gravity Falls Figures are coming to 2.0

Postby MrNerdDad » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:09 pm

I just want to thank the developers at Avalanche and Disney for what appears to be another great game.

Even though there are characters that I still would like to see, I am going to still keep buying the game and supporting the platform. I am beyond excited for this new game. Probably even more excited than my daughter and she's pretty darn excited. Keep up the good work !

rank_50
MrNerdDad
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby FelixBrownSLC » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:18 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I completely understand the situation. The fact is everyone has their personal "favorite" Disney character they'd love to see as an Infinty figure. They're understandably disappointed when it doesn't happen. I totally get it, as a developer there are characters I've pushed for myself to no avail! What's amazing is with such an immense catalog of Disney characters, we can make Infinty for years and years and probably still miss many fan favorites! In an attempt to address this issue Avalanche has made an effort to figure out just who are the most favored characters through voting and online polls and include them this time around. The same will happen moving forward. If there's a big enough push for particular characters, it will happen.
Keep in mind that while classic Disney characters will always be a part of Infinty, this particular 2.0 version is titled "Infinity:Marvel Super Heroes" and so the emphasis is. Your favorite may not be here yet, but as mentioned before, we've just scratched the surface! : )
DISCLAIMER: posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer.

Mickey
FelixBrownSLC
Main Console: PS4

Postby Modeltrainman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:33 pm

I personally have no plans to buy another game this year. (Unless it's at a steep discount.) Infinity 2.0's it.I too understand the hard work and love that goes into such an amazing game. I only hope to one of these days contribute to Infinity's development, and can't be sad if one of my favorites doesn't come yet. They have a chance next time.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby megadrive2 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:11 pm

@FelixBrownSLC That's great to hear that the results of polls do actually influence the figure choices, I'm sure if everyone makes their voices heard there will be GF figures in the future.
Getting very excited now with less than 2 months until release. I would also like to mention for anyone eagerly anticipating new Disney content to go back and try previous Avalanche titles, like Cars 2, Toy Story 3 and my current game of choice Bolt. I just put Bolt & Penny action figures on the infinity base and hey presto a new playset!

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby LazyPenguinGuy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:01 pm

@megadrive2 you know i totally forgot about Bolt but i agree i would like to see him in the game in the future as well as Remy from Ratatouille! @FelixBrownSLC I Hope us GF Fans will make our voices heard, i know i definately will! and like megadrive2 said the fact that you actually look at the polls and listen to the fans demands is outstanding!
"Shmebulock!"

rank_50
LazyPenguinGuy
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:04 pm

@megadrive, nice avatar! Yeah, Bolt's a fun one! MtR and CL are too! In fact, if the team had assets from them(rigs, at least) think of the possibilities!
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Popularvote » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:40 pm

@Felixbrown: i understand you need to be diplomatic. But i think the issue is less "our favorite character wasn't chosen" and more "we're getting everything a fan could want EXCEPT a figure".

Let's look at, say, Tron for example. In DI 1, Tron got a theme, a weapon, a townperson, and two vehicles. Ok. Five pieces. Reasonablefor a franchise with no figure.

Gravity Falls is getting a theme, at least two townspeople, two enemies, a vehicle, at least two interior pieces, and at least one set piece. Nine pieces, minimum.

You're giving a GF fan everything they want EXCEPT a figure. Even if Dipper and Mabel win a poll, what could they unlock?

EDIT: It also doesn't help that Marvel fatigue is setting in something fierce, and the only Disney news from SDCC is about figures we AREN'T getting.

rank_250
Popularvote
Main Console: PS3

Postby Stitch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:00 pm

@Popularvote
I understand why you are disappointed about there being no figures.
I was too, being a fan myself.
But you just have to get over it.
Hirsch announced there would not be figures this time around.
By the demand for them, I cannot imagine they will never show up.
But for now, you have to accept they are not coming.
Be glad that Disney at least included them in a lot of the game, showing that they are hearing us.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby FelixBrownSLC » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:05 pm

This is the key to getting those figures

"Vignocchi points out that Stitch and Merida were made into figurines largely thanks to fan support on the game's Facebook page — which has just put out another call for suggested figures" - www.polygon.com
DISCLAIMER: posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer.

Mickey
FelixBrownSLC

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys