Disney Infinity 2.0 Collector's Edition (and Loki figure)

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Collector's Edition (and Loki figure

Postby beaubalon » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:23 pm

If that base was sold separately, it would end up on the clearance racks after a few months. I'm sticking to the regular edition

rank_0
beaubalon

Postby da-nothing » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:53 pm

^Exactly. I'm ok with paying $60 for a collector's edition, but most of them normally include more stuff than a simple cheap plastic base... The most I've ever paid for a collector's edition was the Batman Arkham Origins one, and it had lots of stuff for just 60 extra bucks. But maybe that's just me. Guess I'll have to wait for Hulk.

rank_100
da-nothing
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby frankiepugs » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Do we know for sure that the base is just plastic? I'm really trying to decide and having a tough time. If it's lightweight then that could sway me not to. I would love to hear if anyone has seen this in person at SDCC.

rank_250
frankiepugs
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby InfiniBox » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:07 pm

The Collector's Edition is pricier than I expected. I'm not convinced yet if it's worth it, but I'm leaning toward getting it for my PS4. I never buy Collector's Edition, it seems like a good game to start. On the other hand, I can get all remaining Avengers and Spider-Man figures/playset for roughly the same price, if not a little more. Is having The Hulk a month early really worth it?
My new DI 2.0 Toy Box Build YouTube Channel:
http://goo.gl/BTxu1b

rank_250
InfiniBox
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby da-nothing » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:12 pm

I was basing my "cheap plastic" comment on the pic of JV with the base, but it looks like it's a prototype, the beast's eyes aren't painted and the supposed glaciers aren't blue or transparent like the promotional pics suggest. Maybe it will be high quality, and that would be nice, but I don't think I'd pay $60 (that will turn more like into $80 here) for just a base.

rank_100
da-nothing
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby SlyCoug » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:42 pm

I have no plans to purchase a PS3 or PS4 but considered buying the collector's edition, then selling everything but the base and purchasing the Wii U starter set. But to me it's not worth the cost. Plus my DI stuff already takes up enough space that I don't think I would have anywhere to put the base, it is HUGE. But, I think for avid Marvel collectors especially, it will be a really good selling point.

rank_100
SlyCoug

Postby megadrive2 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:57 pm

Simplygames have the Collectors set in the u.k for £149.99 :shock:

Thats about $255 US, the US RRP is only around £105. So hopefully the price should drop as that's £100 more than they are selling the regular PS4 set, and both the ps3 and ps4 collector's sets are currently the same price.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2

Postby Mozenrath1 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:06 pm

I just preorder my collector set, yah!! And I sat don't and broke it up cause I'm on xbox but want the set. I can put the PS3 game, base, 3 figures that come with the set and my extra Capt America figure I got for preordering my Xbox 2.0 as a stater set up on eBay sell it for 60.00. The buyer is getting a starter set for 60.00 plus an extra figure that would have cost 14.00 giving the buyer a savings of 29.00. Plus giving them 4 of the 6 Avengers in one set. And I make back 60.00 on the 190.00 on the collector set which now only cost me 120.00. Win,Win.
"Why am I not surprised" - Iago from Alladdin

rank_250
Mozenrath1
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby herbhen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:18 pm

@Megadrive2 Hmmm talking in terms of UK pricing I was expecting a more modest price of around £100-£110 for me to definitely snap it up, however I can see how they've potentially arrived at that figure.
Whilst not the cheapest prices around, the Regular starter pack is up for pre-order on PS4 at anything up to around £60, and individual figures £15, so as you say that's £105 of value there!

I'll contemplate it as it looks really really nice, but It all comes down to the quality of the display base and whether it really is worth an extra sort of £45 should it retail at the £150!

Either way love the loki figure and very excited at the possibility of potentially picking up the base!

rank_100
herbhen
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys