Disney Infinity 2.0 Collector's Edition (and Loki figure)

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Collector's Edition (and Loki figure

Postby ntnon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Getting a free figure does effectively drop the price, but that also invalidates the "free"ness of it...!

herbhen - I can't find any discount codes (and there often aren't ones that work on pre-orders anyway), but if there are discounts when it's out... maybe. I worry that it may not make it to retail, though: some Collector's Sets are only produced in pre-order numbers.

As for the 'sake of $5', well... I wasn't clear! I would feel that $175 was overpriced, but more of a justifiable number mostly for psychological reasons. I might feel that $50 for the base isn't unreasonable, but I probably wouldn't have been able to make that expense (twice the price of the starter pack? The additional figures will probably be purchasable for around $30 before long, so that's still $45 for the base in real terms.) It would have needed to be $150 or less for me to pre-order.

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby InfiniBox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:13 pm

I went ahead and preordered the Collector's Edition for the PS4. I figured I'd treat myself, especially since my birthday is in September. Pricey, yes, but I'm glad I'm getting this version. I get to do all the Hulk smashing I want a month early. :)
My new DI 2.0 Toy Box Build YouTube Channel:
http://goo.gl/BTxu1b

rank_250
InfiniBox
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:56 pm

also added to the first post of this topic, i think this photo gives a better sense of the size of the base ...

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:10 pm

In the word's of Luke Skywalker "Look at the size of that thing" :shock: 8-)

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby herbhen » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:43 am

Looks absolutely bloomin' fantastic! Lord knows where I'm going to put it, but one things for sure, will be a great addition alongside the rest of my infinity collection!

rank_100
herbhen
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:10 am

If I planned on getting The Avengers playset or owned a PS3 I probably wouldn't buy this. For one I don't know who is on the base, I think it's a villain for the playset but I'm not at all familiar with them. And they seem to be what you are paying 100 dollars for.

To be honest I hate about everything this stands for, making it's system exclusive which they only did for money pretty much shuns anyone who doesn't play playstation, raising the price to get more money, having the exclusive figure to entice people to switch consoles. Maybe the base is 60 dollars but it isn't, it's 250 dollars since most people will be buying the collectors edition and the starter pack for some other system, or 300 dollars on ebay for the base by itself....

What does the base even do? Just holds the figures? Wasn't there a person on here who made his own bases? Seems like a do it yourself project.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby JustNCredible » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:24 am

So the Collector's edition is already available for pre-order at game stores?
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:44 am

several bricks and mortar game.co.uk stores in the uk had conveniently sold out of their allocation even before the pre-orders were being taken

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby herbhen » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:35 pm

Yes Game stores are taking Pre-order's for the collectors edition, I checked allocation earlier and both versions are still available, but could be store specific (as Sheriff says). Bare in mind pre-ordering in store requires you to pay a £20 deposit there and then however and is still being listed as the same prices as there website, it may come down in price, but thus far Amazon is still the best deal I've found!

rank_100
herbhen
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys