Disney Infinity 2.0 Collector's Edition (and Loki figure)

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Disney Infinity 2.0 Collector's Edition (and Loki figure)

Postby NerdyJordy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Disney Infinity 2.0 Collector’s Edition: Starting this Fall, a special Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Collector’s Edition will be available at retail stores nationwide. This limited edition offering will include the Disney Infinity Starter Pack for either PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, along with all six Avengers Play Set figures - Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America and Hulk.

Fans who purchase the Collector’s Edition will get the Hulk figure 30 days before it will be available at retailers everywhere.

The Collector’s Edition will also come with a large, light-up diorama display featuring the giant Frost Beast boss from The Avengers Play Set. The base of this unique diorama features pedestals for collectors to display each of their six Avengers figures, along with a seventh pedestal for a soon to be announced character. The Collector’s Edition will retail for $179.99.

PlayStation Hardware Bundle: In addition to the Collector’s Edition, Sony will debut an exclusive hardware bundle for North America that includes a PlayStation 3 system, as well as the Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Starter Pack that comes with Iron Man, Thor and Black Widow figures. The system will retail for $249.99 and come with a 12 GB hard drive.

Both will be available for pre-order this week at San Diego Comic-Con at the Disney Infinity Pop-up Shop (343 4th Ave. San Diego, CA 92101) and at the Marvel booth inside the San Diego Convention Center. The game will also be available for hands-on demos at both locations during the show.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

rank_0
NerdyJordy
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Re: PS3/ PS4 Collector's Edition unveiled (Loki figure spott

Postby Kitah-san » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 pm

I saw!

Is there any news now of where we can pick it up in the different regions at all. So glad that Loki is playable though. Will add a little bit more to the game. Does this also mean he's with the spec edition starter pack?

rank_0
Kitah-san

Postby InfiniteRightEar » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Can't wait to get him, but make me wonder if Loki will be at launch or in Wave 2 or be a collector's edition exclusive
To Infinity and Beyond!

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ThomasTheImagineer

rank_100_ftb
InfiniteRightEar
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby NerdyJordy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:32 pm

No price point announced or regions either, but we do know the pre-orders go up this week.

Who isn't pumped about Loki?! Although it's a shame he's intended for the base and not a part of the set.

rank_0
NerdyJordy
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby shades_smiley » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:34 pm

Okay. I've been saying for weeks I would be VERY surprised if they added characters to the already announced playsets. I was wrong. I'm not too proud to admit it. :)

Looks like Loki is a figure. I assume the official announcement will be this week.

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Charlee » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Nice :) he looks really cool
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Trexroarr » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Loki is definitely a figure!! YES! If you look at the base of the collector's edition, there is even an empty spot for him next to the Frost Giant monster.
Collection
68/101 Figures + 13/20 Play Sets + 151/169 Discs = 232/290 Total

rank_250
Trexroarr
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby NerdyJordy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Yikes. I'm not gonna lie, I sucked my teeth a bit reading the price from Stitch Kingdom... $180; https://twitter.com/stitchkingdom/statu ... 3020282880

Definitely paying the price for the base, at that cost I wish Loki was included! :shock:

rank_0
NerdyJordy
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby shades_smiley » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:44 pm

BTW, it's worth noting that this now puts the characters for the Avengers playset at seven, plus the cross overs for Nova and Nick Fury (assumed) and possibly someone from the Guardians playset. 1.0 capped off at 5 (Incredibles). So considering you only get the one playset with your starter set, seems like they're really trying to make sure you get equivalent value.

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys