Disney Infinity 2.0 Collector's Edition (and Loki figure)

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Collector's Edition (and Loki figure

Postby Miek » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:42 am

I'm in the same boat as others it seems, the CE base isn't terrible by any means but it is VERY rough around the edges. The frost giant doesn't look like he's been constructed properly and you can clearly see the joints and cracks where he's been assembled. Disappointing. Haven't had the chance to test out the lighting on it yet but overall I was expecting better.

On the plus side from what I can tell all the figures are of great quality. Haven't found the time to play the game yet so they're all still in their packaging but unless they all have horribly painted backsides then it is a definite improvement over 1.0.

rank_0
Miek
Main Console: PS4

Postby frankiepugs » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Man I hope my CE base is in good shape when I get it. That's a very expensive item, shame there have been so many issues.

rank_250
frankiepugs
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Paradox » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:59 pm

I agree, hoping for the best when I get mine next week. The scuffs and lines not meeting up well at all in the pics someone shared earlier really did look bad IMO. Just gotta wait and see now but hoping for the best! :fingers crossed:

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby frankiepugs » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:13 pm

^i really hope I don't regret buying the CE in addition to my xboxone starter pack. I got that thing just for the base...nervous now!

rank_250
frankiepugs
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby mirgare » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:47 pm

I got my ce just for the base too lol. And the Xbox 1 starter :)

rank_50
mirgare
XBL ID:

Postby hoodoo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:10 pm

What size batteries are needed for the base? Thanks.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:37 pm

^ 4 x C

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby hoodoo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:23 pm

Thanks.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Kitah-san » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:49 pm

@ frankiepugs
The reason I got the collectors edition was for the base entirely. While I wanted the game, I wanted something of great quality (what they promised... anyway) but I could of easily waited for the figures. (Can only play with one at a time, anyway).

I'm still disappointed with mine, I'm glad some of yours are still in good condition. I'm waiting for either GAME or the Disney Infinity FB page to get back to me. Does anyone have anywhere else I can ask for help from at all? Any specific emails or live chats? (I'm aware there is a live chat for Game which I plan to get in touch with tomorrow).

As another user has said, I also still have yet to try out if it lights up or not as I do not have any C sized batteries. (Waiting for them to arrive in the post, so I can try them out).

I feel like I've got a prototype rather than the real thing -_-" and the fact that I remember them saying "Of the highest quality so collectors will want to pick it up", or something along the lines of the quality being top-notch makes me feel even more disappointed. It wasn't a cheap extra either.

Also, does anyone else feel a lack of an on-off button for the battery operated lighting is a design fault? Taking the battery comparment off is a hassle as it is, and you aren't going to want it glowing all the time...

rank_0
Kitah-san
Main Console: PS3

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys